How about this 2008 Eddie Bauer | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

How about this 2008 Eddie Bauer

whitecity

Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
2008 Explorer EB
Any thought will be greatly appreciated!

A used 2008 Eddie Bauer with only 23K miles. 4.0L V6. Leather, power seat driver side, 3rd row seat, remote start. New battery, others are original. The right power mirror is not working, but usable.

1st owner, clear CarFax. Owner asks for $16,300. It is in NYC.

What do you guys think of it? What should be done on it, if purchased?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Looks promising. The price is about right. The only thing to look out for is that if it's a city car, then sometimes 23k miles takes a bigger toll on a car than 100k of highway miles.
I lived in NY for 10 years, the traffic and potholes really take a toll on vehicles. Do a test drive, see how the transmission shifts in stop and go traffic, check the shocks, but otherwise I would be tempted for it.
Just read more here about common issues with 4.0 and see if you can live with them. V8's have their share of problems as well, but overall very nice vehicles, very spacious but easy to park and good in the winter.
I still go to NYC once in a while, and never had issue finding parking big enough for it.

Thanks a lot! I did a test drive locally and on highway too. It runs nicely. Transmission ***** smoothly.

Yes, the concern is valid. A city car could potentially be a problem. Does any one have any recommendation on what inspections are needed after buying it?

Looks promising. The price is about right. The only thing to look out for is that if it's a city car, then sometimes 23k miles takes a bigger toll on a car than 100k of highway miles.
I lived in NY for 10 years, the traffic and potholes really take a toll on vehicles. Do a test drive, see how the transmission shifts in stop and go traffic, check the shocks, but otherwise I would be tempted for it.
Just read more here about common issues with 4.0 and see if you can live with them. V8's have their share of problems as well, but overall very nice vehicles, very spacious but easy to park and good in the winter.
I still go to NYC once in a while, and never had issue finding parking big enough for it.

Thanks a lot! I did a test drive locally and on highway too. It runs nicely. Transmission ***** smoothly.

Yes, the concern is valid. A city car could potentially be a problem. Does any one have any recommendation on what inspections are needed after buying it?

Love my 2008 EB that I bought used.

First thing I do is drain the 5R55W Trans and refill it with Amsoil Fully Synthetic ATF along with with 1-2 oz of Lubeguard Red additive per quart. I live in Colorado and pull an RV so my trans works pretty hard day in and day out.

Good luck!

Thanks a lot for the suggestion! I live in NJ. I will take the car to a local ford dealer for an oil change, plus tire rotation. I will request a multiple point examination too.

Any other recommendation?

Love my 2008 EB that I bought used.

First thing I do is drain the 5R55W Trans and refill it with Amsoil Fully Synthetic ATF along with with 1-2 oz of Lubeguard Red additive per quart. I live in Colorado and pull an RV so my trans works pretty hard day in and day out.

Good luck!

Some pics

IMG_2981_526F672C_526F672C_zps6b438b2d.jpg

IMG_2984_zps97aeb57d.jpg

IMG_2983_zpsc7b12db7.jpg

IMG_2986_zpsb7c1b171.jpg

IMG_2985_zps504593b3.jpg

Looks great.

I almost have same thing but mine is all beige interior - I would love to have your two-tone, looks awesome.
Also, you have manual third row which is a plus, the electric motors on those go bad frequently and are pricey so you are good to go.

Beautiful truck.

Very nice! Good luck!

I grew up in Mahwah NJ. Moved to Colorado to correct nature's mistake :)

Back