2008 FX4 Lift Kit??? | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

2008 FX4 Lift Kit???

..The link I posted is a superlift kit...I don't know the guy selling it but thought you would be interested...

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Wel, hopefully I hear back from Rancho soon cause I dont want to buy anything unless I know for sure that it will fit on my truck. There's a Ford dealer here that has had a 4" superlift in stock for the last 4 years so I might be able to get it too, and its already here in Canada. I have a Scout II for sale anyone wanna buy it?

The only lifts available for the IFS Rangers (98-08) are
Superlift= $1500.
RCD=$2300.
Dixon Bros=$3200.

The Superlift is a drop down bracket lift, meaning that it drops the T-bars and front diff down so the cv's wont bind.

The RCD kit eliminates the T-bars all together and uses coil overs, however in 04 IIRC the Rangers went from a 11.23" brake rotor to a 12" and the kit wont work with bigger rotor, you would have to switch them out for the smaller ones. Several people have done this and said that it still seemed to stop just as good as before. It's also not a bolt on kit, you'll have to have the gussets welded on the shock towers.

The Dixon Bros kit take the RCD one step further by adding better cv's for a long travel suspension, however this kit will require you to have fiberglass fenders with a 3" bulge to compensate for the longer cv's.

Those are the only options you have for a kit, but you always have the option of a solid axle swap (sas) take a Jeep Dana 30(has the same bolt pattern as the Ranger) and fab it all up.

Well, I'd like to go with the superlift I think. I wasn't sure of it because up here I was told that the ranger changed in 06' and the kit wouldn't work. But since someone else tried it then it must work.

There basically the same truck from 98 to 08, just some cosmetic differences.

The Superlift is a great kit and will allow you to run 33's, if you couple that with a body lift you could run 35's, but then you'll get into having it re-geared.

The front drive shaft will also need to be replaced sooner or later, some say it will only last about 20,000 miles. You could get more or less.

Well mine already is geared with 4:10 ratio. And the superlift kit I saw came with a front driveshaft. I did find a 3" body lift but I'm not sure if they have any stock on it.

Sounds good, can't wait to see that rig after it's lifted and dirty:D

Well, its been dirty already lol. The FX4 actually has really good off road capability and it always spanks my buddies Jeep lol. I guess we'll see how it looks when its done, hope I can afford the gas for it lol.

Well, the lift wont happen for a while now. Bought an acreage so I better build a house first lol.

Back