2011+ Interceptor Utility Interchangeability | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

2011+ Interceptor Utility Interchangeability

MarkM

Reaction score
City, State
Northern Virginia
Year, Model & Trim Level
2012 Limited 4WD
Hey all, I'm looking at buying an 11+ Ex here in the next few months. I've, well my wife, has settled on the Limited with the 302A package. This will be used as a personal vehicle as well as a work vehicle as during the winter, my family has a large company that does snow removal contracts up and down the east coast.

Here's the question, are the Interceptor headlights and the regular Ex headlights interchangeable? I've done some sleuthing and haven't found a concrete answer. I would imagine there isn't a whole lot different as far as fit.

The reason I'm looking at the Int lights is because they come pre-drilled for hide-a-way strobes/leds, and I'd rather not drill into them if I can just swap them over.

Thanks all.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

The headlights in the police explorer DO NOT come predrilled unless it is ordered that way.

Thanks for the reply, twodogs. I wasn't aware it had to be ordered as such.

TwoDogs is correct it must be ordered that way.

Police headlight is an option on the Interceptor platform, you can order a PI Utility or Sedan with a retail headlight.

The headlight can be purchased with pre-drilled knock outs or with lights installed at the Ford Chicago Mod Center (TDM)

http://www.ford.com/fordpoliceinterceptor/features/#/design/design_07/

Be careful buying a 2011 (first year production) some of us have had some major issues with a 2011 build. Make sure you run the VIN and make sure the TSB's have been taken care of.

Thanks guys. We have been looking more so at the 13s, just because I don't like buying new vehicles, so I like to buy certified used with around 20-30k and they are right in that range.

Thanks guys. We have been looking more so at the 13s, just because I don't like buying new vehicles, so I like to buy certified used with around 20-30k and they are right in that range.

Yup stick to 2013MY but again, educate yourself with the TSB Thread on this forum.....know what to look for when you're on the lot or after the 3/36 warranty is up you could get hit with big $$$$$

Back