• Register Today It's free!

2011 vs 2012

JohnnyDop

Reaction score
City, State
Long Island, NY
Year, Model & Trim Level
2012 Limited AWD
My dealer tells me that the 2012 will have a new set of colors (adding blue pearl, ginger ale, dropping kona blue), a choice of the 4 cyc ecoboost or the standard v6, and there are now fours rapid specs to choose from instead of two. He says he wont know for sure until tomorrow.

Can anyone confirm if he's right?

If so, do you have the details.

Thanks.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

JohnnyDop, I recently ordered a 2012 XLT Explorer there are 4 rapid spec codes but from what I tell one rapid spec code(200A) does not have any equipment included, perhaps this is the base Explorer package. Here is the information I have about the rapid spec for 2012MY:

Rapid Spec 201A:
Includes:
Driver Connect Package
Electrochromic Interior Rearview Mirror
Premium Auto System with 8 Speakers
Rearview Camera
Dual-Zone Electronic Temperature

Rapid Spec 204A:
Includes:
Rearview Camera
Comfort Package

Rapid Spec 205A:
Includes:
everything from rapid spec 201A and 204A

These are the rapid spec for 2012 XLT, there is another set of rapid spec for the Limited, but I am not sure what those are. Hope this helps.

JohnnyDop, I recently ordered a 2012 XLT Explorer there are 4 rapid spec codes but from what I tell one rapid spec code(200A) does not have any equipment included, perhaps this is the base Explorer package. Here is the information I have about the rapid spec for 2012MY:

Rapid Spec 201A:
Includes:
Driver Connect Package
Rearview Camera
Dual-Zone Electronic Temperature

Rapid Spec 204A:
Includes:
Rearview Camera
Comfort Package

Rapid Spec 205A:
Includes:
everything from rapid spec 201A and 204A

These are the rapid spec for 2012 XLT, there is another set of rapid spec for the Limited, but I am not sure what those are. Hope this helps.

Which is the base engine? V4 Ecoboost or the V6?

Are the rear bucket seats offered as an option on the XLT?

With regards to the packages did they just slice them up a bit more? If you wanted a 202a with the 2011 what would you have to get with the 2012?

My dealer tells me that the 2012 will have a new set of colors (adding blue pearl, ginger ale, dropping kona blue), a choice of the 4 cyc ecoboost or the standard v6, and there are now fours rapid specs to choose from instead of two. He says he wont know for sure until tomorrow.

Can anyone confirm if he's right?

If so, do you have the details.

Thanks.

The actual 2012 ordering guides are posted on this forum, just have a look to confirm for yourself.

The actual 2012 ordering guides are posted on this forum, just have a look to confirm for yourself.

Where is the 2012 ordering guide?

Back