• Register Today It's free!

2013 Ex my opinions so far

nikkimaka

Reaction score
City, State
Kapolei Hawaii
Year, Model & Trim Level
2013 Explorer XLT
2013 XLT, Kodiak brown, FWD, 202a option, 1000 miles.

This is my first SUV type vehicle and obviously my first explorer. Below are my opinions of the vehicle so far.

I like the body style, but would prefer to have the lower portion painted the same color not the black plastic look
So far no problems with sync/MFT. Things I would like to see on the system are, sync with my phones calendar, and the ability to turn off the screen. While driving at night I don't always need to know what the temp it or what radio station I am listening to. This is also displayed in the cluster if I want to see it. And yes I have the settings at the lowest.
Interior is nice, drivers door seems a little farther away than I am used to.
Don't understand the cloth on the console side of the leather seats.
Still deciding on the rubber above the arm rest. I am guessing it is rubber.
The drive is good, smooth for they type of vehicle. I didn't expect the same ride as with a Rolls Royce.
Handling seem to be good so far. Haven't tried to take a curve hot to see if the curve assist works. :)
The thing I dislike the most is the chime when the drivers door is opened. Seriously Ford, do you really need a chime to tell me the driver door is open? I understand the key in ignition, seat belt chimes, but why do I need a chime to tell me the drivers door is open? Chime when the other doors are open.
Ford said it cant be disabled, if anyone knows how please let me know.
Overall very happy with the vehicle. Just hope the reliability/dependability are as good as the vehicle looks. I did look at others but the Ex felt more solid.
I welcome any comments, suggestion.

The Cloth on the inside of the seat is to prevent the sound of the leather rubbing on the side console when the seat moves relative to the console. I have had cars that would make a noise akin to a squeak when the seat rubbed up against the console.

Hmm I've never heard that chime. The only time I ever hear a chime is if a door isn't fully shut and I put it in drive

2013 XLT, Kodiak brown, FWD, 202a option, 1000 miles.

This is my first SUV type vehicle and obviously my first explorer. Below are my opinions of the vehicle so far.

I like the body style, but would prefer to have the lower portion painted the same color not the black plastic look
So far no problems with sync/MFT. Things I would like to see on the system are, sync with my phones calendar, and the ability to turn off the screen. While driving at night I don't always need to know what the temp it or what radio station I am listening to. This is also displayed in the cluster if I want to see it. And yes I have the settings at the lowest.
Interior is nice, drivers door seems a little farther away than I am used to.
Don't understand the cloth on the console side of the leather seats.
Still deciding on the rubber above the arm rest. I am guessing it is rubber.
The drive is good, smooth for they type of vehicle. I didn't expect the same ride as with a Rolls Royce.
Handling seem to be good so far. Haven't tried to take a curve hot to see if the curve assist works. :)
The thing I dislike the most is the chime when the drivers door is opened. Seriously Ford, do you really need a chime to tell me the driver door is open? I understand the key in ignition, seat belt chimes, but why do I need a chime to tell me the drivers door is open? Chime when the other doors are open.
Ford said it cant be disabled, if anyone knows how please let me know.
Overall very happy with the vehicle. Just hope the reliability/dependability are as good as the vehicle looks. I did look at others but the Ex felt more solid.
I welcome any comments, suggestion.

Hi nikkimaka,

Congratulations on the new Explorer! I'm glad to hear that you're happy and enjoying yourself. Regarding your feedback, I would suggest that you submit your thoughts to the Your Ideas tab of http://social.ford.com. Once your ideas are posted, come back here and provide us with the link so we can all vote on it!

If you have any questions or concerns, just let me know.

Thanks!

Crystal

Back