2013 Explorer Lane keeping assist is cool! | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

2013 Explorer Lane keeping assist is cool!

Lane change can be a life saver. It constantly watches your steering input to see if you're getting sleepy, etc. It will beep you, suggest a coffee stop or rest. It will indicate a coffee cup on the left LCD screen, vibrate the steering wheel, and tell you to "put your hands on the wheel" if necessary. Great for those long trips.
Amazing stuf.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Lane Assist is really cool, it cracks me up. When I am maneuvering through rush hour traffic each morning, I have to change 3 highways. When changing highways- the lane assist will appear with the coffee mug, along with the vibrating steering wheel. I think what a great idea, and my husband wishes Ford offered that for his truck. It's too bad we can't pick and choose the options from various vehicles and create our own "super" vehicle, tailored to the individual. Not within packages and available to only certain vehicles- but a true customized vehicle.

Back to the subject- a true must have whether you are on a long haul or just a drive to work/home. The safety features compared to years past are just plain cool.

Happy Birthday VinceL,

Now combine the Lane Keep with the Adaptive Cruise Control and see how excited you get!

Lane Assist is really cool, it cracks me up. When I am maneuvering through rush hour traffic each morning, I have to change 3 highways. When changing highways- the lane assist will appear with the coffee mug, along with the vibrating steering wheel. I think what a great idea, and my husband wishes Ford offered that for his truck. It's too bad we can't pick and choose the options from various vehicles and create our own "super" vehicle, tailored to the individual. Not within packages and available to only certain vehicles- but a true customized vehicle.

Back to the subject- a true must have whether you are on a long haul or just a drive to work/home. The safety features compared to years past are just plain cool.

You can get most of those features aftermarket, check the Mobileye 560.

Holy Thread Resurrection Batman!

It is funny reading through this thread, when we were so excited by the new car and playing with all of its toys. It has been a long almost two years. Even funnier is the fact that the lane assist is probably the feature I use least on the car. I haven't touched that button in over a year. I found out that in use, the feature becomes obtrusive and rather annoying.

What I do like is the blind spot monitoring (though I rely on my properly adjusted side mirrors more), especially the cross traffic alert when backing out of parking spots, and most especially, my favoritest feature is the Adaptive Cruise Control. That feature is now a must for any new car we buy. It makes the trips between Frisco and Houston so much easier. Set it and forget it!

Back