2013 Explorer radio turns on, but no sound | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

2013 Explorer radio turns on, but no sound

Rhonda Williams

Reaction score
City, State
Rockmart, Georgia
Year, Model & Trim Level
2013 Ford Explorer 4D XLT
I have a 2013 Ford Explorer, my husband installed a remote start but it wouldn't work with our key fobs. Got a new key fob and can't get it to program.

Now, my radio will turn on but there is NO sound. I have sound while playing a CD, using Bluetooth, using my phone and anything else that makes sound, just not the radio.

We've tried unplugging the battery for five minutes. I've tried a master reset and turning the car off and on several times.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated!!

Thanks,
Rhonda

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

No static either? Or is there static and no signal being received/played?

No static either? Or is there static and no signal being received/played?
Nope, no static...just silence. It’s slower to turn on, also.

I can play music from my phone via Bluetooth and from a CD. There’s sound for navigation, door chimes, phone calls, and it even read a text to me (which it’s never done before).

Check antenna connections. If you do a station scan, does it find any?
I’ll try the antenna after work. Stations will scan, slowly, but no sound at all from the radio.

If it was the antenna, there would be static noise. Since it's only via the radio, that eliminates the lines to the speakers. Is this radio one where certain things like Bluetooth or Pandora can be "added or deleted" via the main panel control? Check to see if the radio was muted.

Any update?

_
the suspense is killing me!

No updates...
unfortunately, my radio has taken the back burner with everything we have going on right now. Maybe someday it’ll get fixed...

Back