roamingphantom

Reaction score
City, State
NYC
Year, Model & Trim Level
2013 EX Limited, 302A
Hi All,

This is my first post.

So i am about to close the deal on a 2013 XLT AWD Sterling grey with black leather.

Base + the following

Equipment group 202A
-Driver connect package
-Myford touch
-Sync voice activated systems
-Dual zone auto ac
-Premium plus single cd/mp3
-Comfort Package

Power Liftgate
Voice Activated Nav
20" Aluminum wheels
Dual Panel Moonroof.

In total the options are 7050.

MSRP is 42490.00, but my company (huge international co) has something like a Ford X-Plan Partner Recognition pricing. With that the dealer is giving me the vehicle for 37850 before incentives. I believe i am looking at 2k in incentives.

Would you advise me to push for further discounts or am i getting a good deal. I really appreciate your advice.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Sounds like you are getting a real good deal considering there is not a huge mark up on exps.

Sounds like you are getting a real good deal considering there is not a huge mark up on exps.

So i just found out that the price quoted is including the incentives.

Any other thoughts? anyone...

Hi All,

This is my first post.

So i am about to close the deal on a 2013 XLT AWD Sterling grey with black leather.

Base + the following

Equipment group 202A
-Driver connect package
-Myford touch
-Dual zone auto ac
-Comfort Package

Power Liftgate
Voice Activated Nav
20" Aluminum wheels
Dual Panel Moonroof.

MSRP is 42490.00, but my company (huge international co) has something like a Ford X-Plan Partner Recognition pricing. With that the dealer is giving me the vehicle for 37850 before incentives. I believe i am looking at 2k in incentives.

Would you advise me to push for further discounts or am i getting a good deal. I really appreciate your advice.
Welcome to the Forum roamingphantom.:wavey:
It doesn't look like too bad a deal. Is this a new vehicle order or off the lot?
If off the lot, you might do a bit better as dealers will be looking to clear inventory since you can already place an order for the 2014 models.
I always maintain that a good deal is one that YOU are happy with. It shouldn't matter if I am or not since everyone's circumstances differ.
Good luck. :thumbsup:

Peter

Hi All,

This is my first post.

Base + the following

Equipment group 202A
-Driver connect package
-Myford touch
-Dual zone auto ac
-Comfort Package

Power Liftgate
Voice Activated Nav
20" Aluminum wheels
Dual Panel Moonroof.

That sounds like a pretty awesome Explorer, roamingphantom! You can always give our Marketing Program Headquarters a call at 1-800-334-4375; they'll give you the specifics on all available incentives in your area.

Be sure to post pictures when you bring your Explorer home!

Crystal

I have all the same options with the exception of the lift gate and I got the platinum white. Mine was just a hair over 37k with an X plan.

I have all the same options with the exception of the lift gate and I got the platinum white. Mine was just a hair over 37k with an X plan.

Hi 13,
Was that before or after incentives and taxes? I am in NYC and like most other places sometimes dealers like to play games. I just want to know they don't jerk me around

thanks

I just brought home the exact model, options and color. Looks to be a good price, as mine brand new was listed at 46k ( I bought it used)

Hi 13,
Was that before or after incentives and taxes? I am in NYC and like most other places sometimes dealers like to play games. I just want to know they don't jerk me around

thanks

After the incentives that were available. I posted in another thread but basically what I found is like you say. The dealers (most) are looking to screw you.

The first dealer I went to said the absolute best the could do was absorb the $2k negative equity in my trade and get me in a XLT with no options for $410 a month or so with $2500 out of pocket (IIRC).

Went to an honest dealer. Found out that I was only $800 negative not 2K like the first guy said. Then the dealer got me set up with the pretty much loaded XLT with $1500ish out of pocket for $393 a month.

Just cause its an X Plan doesn't mean there isn't a way for them to screw you.

If you haven't bought yet go see John F. at Hasset Ford in Wantagh. Best salesman I have ever dealt with. The dealer is walking distance from the Wantagh LIRR stop.

Machine432

There is no way an xlt with those options listed for $46k when the limiteds list for that.

A$393/mo payment would get you $28,223.00 (including your $1500 down) in vehicle price and thats at 72mo financing at 1.9%

I'd sure love to know how you got your payment at $393 for a $37k price tag.

$47,700 msrp limited, 301a, 2nd row buckets with console, 20" polished rims dual moon roof
-5,654 discount

$42,047.00 sale price approx
-1500 rebate
-750 rebate
-1780 down
+700 negative on trade (trade was KBB excellent at $32,400 they gave me 34,400)

On the road for $40055 including tax and tags

So i basically got $7904 off + $2000 more than KBB trade value.

Now thats how you deal.

A$393/mo payment would get you $28,223.00 (including your $1500 down) in vehicle price and thats at 72mo financing at 1.9%

I'd sure love to know how you got your payment at $393 for a $37k price tag.

Could be a lease, incentives on explorer leases are really good right now. My lease is $399 with $1400 due at signing with 19,500 miles a year, on a fairly loaded Xlt 4x4.

Machine432

There is no way an xlt with those options listed for $46k when the limiteds list for that.
Mike, I just did a build of the model that Machine4321 bought and the price came to $45,479. Don't forget that he (we) are in Canada, not the U.S. A similarly equipped Limited here would be $52,079.

Peter

Including incentives, NO it's not a good deal.....I bought a new 2013 XLT EcoBoost for $100 over Invoice not MSRP, and I got the incentives, and the Dealer included a rear bumper guard....and I did not pay any additional fees added on by the Dealer....This is quite a bit better than X plan. I would not be in in hurry to sign anything, you can do much better. Dealers have plenty of hold back in EXP's to make their profit......

Three things guys always lie about:
1. We all know the first.
2. Gas mileage.
3. The deal they got on their vehicle.

Could be a lease, incentives on explorer leases are really good right now. My lease is $399 with $1400 due at signing with 19,500 miles a year, on a fairly loaded Xlt 4x4.

Yup its a lease. Sorry. I thought I read lease in the OP.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Back