2013 Ford Explorer liftgate

heatherphillips18

Reaction score
City, State
Mason, WV
Year, Model & Trim Level
2013 Ford Explorer limite
Hello!
So I have a 2013 ford explorer limited and the power liftgate stopped working. I can manually open/close with no problem. I have tried everything I’ve seen online-replaced the driver side power liftgate motor and the passenger side support strut and checked the fuse under the hood. The only fuse that I could find underneath the hood in relation to the power liftgate was called the power liftgate release. But there wasn’t a fuse in that spot anyways so I’m not sure what to do at this point.

Welcome to the Forum Heather. :wave:
Has it worked before and did this just start happening or did you just get the Explorer? I would think that without a fuse to release the liftgate, it won't open.

Peter

Welcome to the Forum Heather. :wave:
Has it worked before and did this just start happening or did you just get the Explorer? I would think that without a fuse to release the liftgate, it won't open.

Peter

Thank you. Yes it worked before and I’ve had this car for a few years. So as far as the fuse, I didn’t check the fuse box under the steering wheel. There was a fuse for the liftgate there and I did replace it and still doesn’t work.

Back