• Register Today It's free!

2013 Ford explorer Limited

bahuber5477

Reaction score
City, State
Rapid City, SD
Year, Model & Trim Level
2013 Ford Explorer Ltd.
About 4 weeks ago I placed my order for my new explorer! Im getting a 2013 ford explorer limited edition with a 301A package, moon roof and a trailer tow package. This will be a big step up for me. I am going from a 2001 Buick Le Sabre to this! I test drove about every SUV around and was in between a Toyota Highlander, a Jeep Grand Cherokee and a Ford explorer. I was wowed with the beauty and technology that ford had. I am hoping I made a good move with this because I have been reading some horror stories online. Anyone have any great experiences with minimal issues? Anything I can do to help minimize the issues when I get it in January? :)

Thanks for your input! I am very excited regardless of all the negative feedback I have been reading about MFT ect.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

About 4 weeks ago I placed my order for my new explorer! Im getting a 2013 ford explorer limited edition with a 301A package, moon roof and a trailer tow package. This will be a big step up for me. I am going from a 2001 Buick Le Sabre to this! I test drove about every SUV around and was in between a Toyota Highlander, a Jeep Grand Cherokee and a Ford explorer. I was wowed with the beauty and technology that ford had. I am hoping I made a good move with this because I have been reading some horror stories online. Anyone have any great experiences with minimal issues? Anything I can do to help minimize the issues when I get it in January? :)

Thanks for your input! I am very excited regardless of all the negative feedback I have been reading about MFT ect.
Welcome to the Forum bahuber5477.:wavey:
As with any new vehicle, it is difficult to say that you will be problem free. I have had mine 21 months and really enjoy it. The only TSB I had done was for the random windshiled wipe. The MFT updates have gone smoothly and except for the occassional minor hic-cup it has been very stable.
I switched over to the EXplorer with 2 1/2 years left on the lease of the '09 Highlander Ltd I had and a friend took over.

Peter

I have my EX Limited Eco Boost since October 13 and am on my second trip to the dealership for an annoying two inch fan in the interior that has "short fan syndrome" and sounds like a 12 inch oscillating fan. Not really a big deal, annoying to be back there again, but I'm not paying for it. Customer service on this board has been excellent. My salesman at the dealership is attentive (he doesn't have to be, he made his sale awhile ago), and the service department goes out of their way. Today they put me in a Ford Edge, brand new. Told the cashier at the Service Department to run me a temporary tag to get me on my way.

My Dear, sweet, "manly man" husband gouged the rim trying to parallel park and the service department "knows some people" and are fixing that as well. (It'll cost me $150) but they didn't have to do that (in my opinion).

It's the service that will bring you back to the same maker of an automobile. I have been awed coming from a Sewell Cadillac dealership in Dallas where they are really nice, but kind of Stepford Wive-ish, superficial, not really going out of their way to make you feel you are special (other than a cookie).

I LOVE my vehicle. It is so classy, my bullmastiff fits comfy in the back (I have bucket seats in the second row with no console) and then when my son comes home with his little girls, it's the girls in the bucket seats, me in the third row, stroller next to me on the seat folded down.

AND AND AND, I am getting 28 on the highway!!!!!!!

MFT has had its quirks, but I yell at it, turn it off, go back a little later, and it's been okay. Would buy another in a heart beat!

We love ours. It's not perfect, but it is still a great vehicle. Read all about the Gray Ghost Here.

Thank you all for your input. I am really excited to get my new explorer. It will be great for myself and my dog and 4 wheel drive will be excellent. Everyone even seems to be getting decent gas milage which is a huge bonus! I also did get the polished aluminum wheels with my package.

Hi bahuber5477,

Congratulations on ordering an Explorer and welcome to the Ford family! To make the wait go a little faster, I'm happy to provide you with weekly updates on your Explorer's journey from the plant to your dealership. Send me a PM with your order number and dealer name/state and I'll give you all the details.

Have a great day!

Crystal

We got our Ex Limited at the end of September. The only service it has had is the Sync update last week. I thought I had a rattle on the passenger side. Listened to it and was deciding when to take it in for service when I finally figured out it was a brush rattling in the glove box. So felt a little stupid but would have felt like a bigger idiot if I had taken it in to get it repaired. I've had no problems with sync and I use voice for everything I can think of. Like a really neat toy and a quest to find the exact phrase she wants to hear. I've got it down pretty good now. Keep the book handy and be ready to learn what she wants to hear not what you want to say. So far all the bells and whistles on the vehicle have worked exactly as they should. I hope you enjoy yours as much as I'm enjoying mine.

If you go to my post about my vehicle here http://www.explorerforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=371959
and scroll down you will see the canvasback covers I got for the back of the EX. They work so great with the dogs and everything cleans off of them.

Thanks again for your input! I love hearing positive stories. The rattling in the glove box is priceless. I really wanted the 302A package however I figure for my first new car the 301A is already a step up! :) Something to strive for is what i figure!

Yes... most people get on thee forums to try to find "fixes" for problems... the people who are happy with the vehicles generally don't bother to post about that.

So when you get online, all you hear about (mostly) are the problems... mostly affecting a very few vehicles.

Me?... MFT was kinda flakey... but has been 100% stable since the last update (involving the v4 nav card)
Otherwise I've been extremely pleased with the car. I've got a little moisture in one of the turn signal lenses, but the dealer already said they'll replace it as long as I bring it in within the next 34 months. :) No other complaints at all!

('13 Limited V6-2WD with all the other bells and whistles.)

Back