2013 Ford Explorer XLT - Controls not working | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

2013 Ford Explorer XLT - Controls not working

Javier Robles

Reaction score
City, State
Reunion, Florida
Year, Model & Trim Level
2013 Ford XLT
my radio (< >) seek button and the my (+ -) temperature button are not not working...everything else works.

Can someone help?

-javier

FORD BUTTONS.jpg

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I'm guessing this was posted elsewhere before.This is the 5th gen Forum.

Welcome to the Forum Javier.:wave:
I'd think it would be unusual for just those 2 buttons to not work so I doubt it would be a fuse issue. Have you tried doing a Master Reset?

Peter

Yes and nothing...those two buttons just do not work. Its driving me crazy :)

Yes and nothing...those two buttons just do not work. Its driving me crazy :)

but my question is...does the master reset control those buttons as well? I mean my screen is fine, but its just those buttons not on the screen that don't work.

It doesn't control the physical buttons but being that the APIM is the "brains' of MFT I thought it might be worth a try in case there was some kind of communications issue.
I've always had the Sony panel so I'm not that familiar with yours. I'm guessing that the controls are what they call 'soft touch' buttons in that pressing them makes contact with a circuit board behind them. Did both stop working at the same time?

Peter

It doesn't control the physical buttons but being that the APIM is the "brains' of MFT I thought it might be worth a try in case there was some kind of communications issue.
I've always had the Sony panel so I'm not that familiar with yours. I'm guessing that the controls are what they call 'soft touch' buttons in that pressing them makes contact with a circuit board behind them. Did both stop working at the same time?

Peter
Yes.

most likely bad control panel or maybe a connection on the back of it came loose. If it's bad, get a used one.

Any update on this issue Javier?

Peter

Back