2013 Kodiak Brown Limited AWD | Page 3 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

2013 Kodiak Brown Limited AWD

Congratulations! :party:

One question, WHERE'S THE PICS!!!!! :D

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Congratulations! :party:

One question, WHERE'S THE PICS!!!!! :D

Thanks!
There are pics... you're not seeing them?
(hmmm created an album here... but had it marked private, but I was linking back to it. I see the pics while I'm logged in. I logged out and was still able to see them. I just went back and changed the album to "public".) Maybe you'll see them now?

Thanks!
There are pics... you're not seeing them?
(hmmm created an album here... but had it marked private, but I was linking back to it. I see the pics while I'm logged in. I logged out and was still able to see them. I just went back and changed the album to "public".) Maybe you'll see them now?

Yep, I sees 'em now! That is one sharp ride. Can't wait to see that color in the sun :)

Nice ride. Worth the wait, wasn't it? Love the buckets and console in the second row!

I'm hoping the weather clears a bit and I can get it in the sun. I made the choice based on photographs only. Much different in person.

Somebody at work said "oh, you got white...." on a cloudy day. The first sunny day he came in when he saw the shining White Platinum paint in it's glory and said.... "I see why you got the white now! I did not realize how beautiful that paint color is. ". I could not agree with him more.

What a beautiful color the white is, too.

Somebody at work said "oh, you got white...." on a cloudy day. The first sunny day he came in when he saw the shining White Platinum paint in it's glory and said.... "I see why you got the white now! I did not realize how beautiful that paint color is. ". I could not agree with him more.

To be perfectly honest, Ford doesn't have a single "bad" color. All of them are home runs. I had originally wanted the Sterling Grey, but after I saw some photos of the KB color I thought I'd give it a shot. Yes, the White is sweet too.

All I know is that this 5th Gen just begs to be driven. I've run out of excuses to take her out today... and now it's just "screw it"... I'm outa' here! Boneyard cranking! \m/\m/ :D

Congratulations Helicopter!! I know your order didn't go quite as smoothly and straight forward as one would like. Your Ex looks gorgeous and the brown is really stunning. Hope you get some sunshine soon to enjoy that moonroof.
-Toddy

Congratulations Helicopter!! I know your order didn't go quite as smoothly and straight forward as one would like. Your Ex looks gorgeous and the brown is really stunning. Hope you get some sunshine soon to enjoy that moonroof.
-Toddy

Thanks Toddy! I'm sorry to see you're having such trouble with your dealer. Considering how much these things cost, and that most people get excited about buying them, I've often wondered why certain dealerships seem to go out of their way to make it a miserable experience. It's not to late at this point to choose another dealer, and speak to the current one only in a way that they may understand... and that's through taking your business elsewhere. Maybe if they know you're going to walk, it may get their attention?

Yes, mistakes were made with my original order, but they made good on it. Had they not, I would have gone to another dealer. There are plenty around here. Until you sign for it... you don't have to accept it.

I wish you the best of luck going forward, and it will certainly be worth the wait.

Thanks Toddy! I'm sorry to see you're having such trouble with your dealer. Considering how much these things cost, and that most people get excited about buying them, I've often wondered why certain dealerships seem to go out of their way to make it a miserable experience. It's not to late at this point to choose another dealer, and speak to the current one only in a way that they may understand... and that's through taking your business elsewhere. Maybe if they know you're going to walk, it may get their attention?.... Until you sign for it... you don't have to accept it.

I wish you the best of luck going forward, and it will certainly be worth the wait.

Helicopter, we have owned many Fords. It will definitely be worth the wait. Spending that day running from one Toyota dealer to another reaffirmed that for us. Unfortunately, we are on the hook for a nearly 10% down payment. So walking is probably not going to happen. We did speak to another dealer about having the vehicle transferred there and they said they may even be able to change the destination directly from the factory. However, prying our money out of them may be a different story. They can't really hold it but they sure can take their pretty little time about giving it back. Build date is tomorrow (YEEEESSSSSS!!!!) so I think we will grin and bear it. To try to move it might delay delivery further and unfortunately, our order was fairly specific and we've only been able to locate matches in places like Utah and Massachusetts...so I think we will wait it out. Ironically, we didn't order Limited, 20" wheels, or really anything flashy, but apparently we did order enough of an oddball combo that it's been pretty hard to find. Just keep taking pics and telling us what an awesome time you're having!! Will live vicariously through you and the other happy owners for now!!
-Toddy

Glad you finally got the Kodiak brown helicopter! No photos can do that color justice the way it gleams that rich caramel brown in the sunlight! We love our Kodiak brown ex and wouldn't trade that color for anything!

Congrats Helicopter!!! I LOVE the COLOR!!!

OK! Picked the girl up this afternoon. The process went smoothly...Great job Ford! :usa: :thumbsup:
Congrats, Helicopter; that’s a gorgeous ride! Thanks for posting the pics. :thumbsup: When’s the first road trip?

...The first sunny day he came in when he saw the shining White Platinum paint in it's glory and said.... "I see why you got the white now! I did not realize how beautiful that paint color is. ". I could not agree with him more.

RonJrSVCMGR,

That’s his mistake for questioning the “Storm Trooper!” ;)

...Build date is tomorrow (YEEEESSSSSS!!!!)...
I’m keeping a watchful eye on my tracker, Toddy. My fingers are crossed that it’ll update today!

Glad you finally got the Kodiak brown helicopter! No photos can do that color justice the way it gleams that rich caramel brown in the sunlight! We love our Kodiak brown ex and wouldn't trade that color for anything!
nitzer51 & Coronel,

I’m with you guys; the Kodiak Brown is stunning. :D

Cory

Thanks! It's very true, photos just don't do it justice.

Thanks! It was a couple of your pics that I saw that made me consider the color. It's been overcast here since I picked her up, but I did get a few glimpses in direct sunlight. It really does "pop", but reamins somewhat two toned... I like it alot. Most people were kind of unimpressed when I told them I had ordered "Brown", but now that they see it they love it too. Not what they expected. Most say it's black untill I tell them to walk up to it. If anyone is on the fence about this color, I say go for it!

Congrats, Helicopter; that’s a gorgeous ride! Thanks for posting the pics. :thumbsup: When’s the first road trip?

RonJrSVCMGR,

That’s his mistake for questioning the “Storm Trooper!” ;)

I’m keeping a watchful eye on my tracker, Toddy. My fingers are crossed that it’ll update today!

nitzer51 & Coronel,

I’m with you guys; the Kodiak Brown is stunning. :D

Cory

Don't know when the first real trip will be, but I'm done trying to find excuses to drive it. I just go! :D Thanks for all the help and support, Cory. You guys should be very proud for putting out such an awesome vehicle. :thumbsup:

...Don't know when the first real trip will be, but I'm done trying to find excuses to drive it. I just go! :D Thanks for all the help and support, Cory. You guys should be very proud for putting out such an awesome vehicle. :thumbsup:
I really appreciate the kind words, Helicopter! Plan a road trip and post about it so we can live vicariously through you! :burnout:

Cory

The dealership I bought my Explorer from (still not in yet) has a LTD on the lot in the same colour as yours. Unreal the way the light shines off it. I really like the colour and so does my wife (and she's super hard to please LOL).

Enjoy your new vehicle!

Cheers!

The dealership I bought my Explorer from (still not in yet) has a LTD on the lot in the same colour as yours. Unreal the way the light shines off it. I really like the colour and so does my wife (and she's super hard to please LOL).

Enjoy your new vehicle!

Cheers!

Thank You! I'm enjoying it, wishing I had more places to take it. So far I've put 200 miles on her since Tuesday. What did you buy? :chug:

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Just a little update on how things are going after 2 weeks of ownership.

Miles: a little over 500

Gas Mileage: 14.9 Per the trip computer, all city driving, short bursts on highways, and a heavy right foot at times.

Fit and Finish: Still perfect, no noises or misaligned panels or trim. Lot of complements on the color and trim level. I've had a few people at the car wash and grocery store ask to take a look at her. Most have been impressed with Ford "stepping up to the plate" the past couple of years. Ran in to a guy at the grocery store a second time and stated he placed an order on a new Taurus SHO based on what he saw in my Explorer. Others are still commenting about the "no bail outs" issue and are glad Ford is doing so well on their own. This Kodiak Brown is a different animal in the sunlight, I'm very happy with this color. I'll try to get some more pics in the future to post.

Sync / MFT: Working as advertised. Only issue I've had was with all the buttons turning orange after I connected a USB stick full of MP3s. Fixed by touching all the buttons. It was a pain doing this, but hasn't happened again since then. There is no control lag, boots up within a few seconds of starting the vehicle. My HTC WP7.5 Arrive from Sprint works perfectly. The only thing I can't do is initiate a text message through MFT, but I can reply via voice if I receive a text. I CAN initiate a text through MFT if I press the microphone button on the phone. Not a big deal, and the compatibility chart for my phone states it's an unsupported feature.

Adaptive Cruise Control: As others have stated... amazing, and I wonder how we went so long without this!

Lane Departure Control: A very cool feature, but somewhat annoying on narrow streets in city traffic. Best for use on the highway in conjunction with the adaptive cruise control.

BLIS / Cross Traffic Alert: It works and is useful. I like it.

Collision Warning: a bell and a whistle... ehh. Would like to see the LEDs work with the adaptive cruise control, lane departure and BLIS.

Stereo System (Sony): I'm impressed with it. Sound quality is good, power is good. Sirius is great with the travel link feature. I use the weather map overlay a lot.

Navigation: Works as good as any other in car system I've used. I really like the integration with Sync Services and the ability to send destinations to it from MapQuest.

V6 & 6 speed transmission / AWD: Power is good, she'll get up and go when you put your foot in it. Transmission seems to hunt a lot in city traffic. AWD seems to work fine, I've only had it on some wet roads.

Ride and Handling: The ride is flat out great! With my old 2000 XLT, you'd feel every minute you spent in it. This '13 feels like you could drive it for days without any fatigue. The seats are comfortable, supportive and hold you in position. Steering "feel" is great.

The only thing I'm not either liking or just not used to is the curve control feature in Advanced Trac. It's to aggressive for my taste. It's mostly on entrance and exit ramps where I notice the front breaks "chattering". I know... slow down... but I'm not really going too fast, perhaps just on the edge of where this system feels like it needs to intervene. I'd like it to be a little more "spirited".

Last but not least, the dual panel moon roof... worth every penny! :D

So far I'm giving it a 9.5 out of a 10.

Back