2014 Explorer Limited Heated Seats | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

2014 Explorer Limited Heated Seats

Pintonite

Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
2014 Ford Explorer LTD
I am curious. I have the latest update to Sync with MFT. I live in a cold climate so I want the heated seats on all the time. However, when I remote start the heated seats are on but once I push to start the heated seats turn off and I have to turn them on again. Is this normal operation? or is there a way to not have to do this??

Thanks!

I am curious. I have the latest update to Sync with MFT. I live in a cold climate so I want the heated seats on all the time. However, when I remote start the heated seats are on but once I push to start the heated seats turn off and I have to turn them on again. Is this normal operation? or is there a way to not have to do this??

Thanks!

That and the heated steering wheel shuts off as well and you have to turn it back on. It is stupid and annoying. I haven't figured out a way to keep it on after remote start...

Thanks!
Welcome to the Forum Pintonite.:wavey:
The system is operating as designed. The following is from page 153 of your Owner`s Guide

You cannot adjust the system during remote start operation. Turn the
ignition on to return the system to its previous settings. You can now
make adjustments. You will need to turn certain vehicle-dependent
features back on, such as:
• heated seats
• cooled seats
• heated steering wheel
• heated mirrors
• heated rear window.

Peter

Back