• Register Today It's free!

2014 Ford Explorer key fob

joemo5

Reaction score
City, State
Millington, TN
Year, Model & Trim Level
2014 Ford Explorer XLT
On my My Dad's 2014 Ford Explorer he is having key fob problems. It will not unlock the doors when you press the unlock button. When you unlock it with the key, you have to get in quickly or the alarm will go off. Sometimes when you push the button on the key fob the back will open. We changed the batteries in the key fob and checked the fuses. (The ones that I thought would affect the locking mechanism. The person who decided to put the fuse box in that location needs to be fired!)
Thanks in advance.

On my My Dad's 2014 Ford Explorer he is having key fob problems. It will not unlock the doors when you press the unlock button. When you unlock it with the key, you have to get in quickly or the alarm will go off. Sometimes when you push the button on the key fob the back will open. We changed the batteries in the key fob and checked the fuses. (The ones that I thought would affect the locking mechanism. The person who decided to put the fuse box in that location needs to be fired!)
Thanks in advance.
Welcome to the Forum. :wave:
You haven't added the trim level so I don't know if you have the Securicode keyless pad on the driver's door. If you do, does it work to lock/unlock the doors?

Peter

Welcome to the Forum. :wave:
You haven't added the trim level so I don't know if you have the Securicode keyless pad on the driver's door. If you do, does it work to lock/unlock the doors?

Peter
It is a XLT. Yes it has the Securicode keyless pad on the driver's door. He said it all seem to stop working at the same time

Hi Joe. Does he have anything plugged into the front power posts or USB ports? Sometimes that can affect remote start, also that isn't the issue here. Are you able to lock/unlock the vehicle with the Securicode keypad or did that also stop working? One thing that will sometimes work is disconnecting the negative battery cable for a few minutes. Keep in mind that you could lose some saved memory settings doing that. It seems to depend on what the issue is as to whether that action works or not.
BTW, there have been many comments throughout the forum on the location of the 5th gen cabin fuse box.

Peter

Back