2015 Explorer Sport - Intermittant no-start with push button start | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

2015 Explorer Sport - Intermittant no-start with push button start

My fusion did something similar. But once it did it, it never would start again. Dealership had to replace the backup camera. The connection between the camera and the transmission had gone bad, and the camera was causing the car to think it was in reverse, and wouldn't let it start. No errors of it not being in park or anything like that. Just acted like you weren't pushing the brake pedal to start. There was an SSM for it, but it only applied to fusions.

SSM 45366 - 2013-2014 Fusion - Intermittent No Crank No Start - DTCs P06B8, P062C, And/Or B115E - Built On Or Before 3/3/2014

Some 2013-2014 Fusions built on or before 3/3/2014 equipped with a rear parkingaid camera may exhibit a battery draw, an engine that will not crank unless thebattery is disconnected and reconnected, or an inoperative rear parking aid camera with possible DTC B115E. DTCs P06B8 and/or P062C may also be present and notclear until the battery is disconnected. This may be due to an improperly controlled PCM power relay due to water intrusion in the rear camera connector. Checkfor water intrusion at the camera connector. Leave the connector disconnected and see if the battery draw, no crank, run-on, P062C or P06B8 is resolved. If concern is resolved or moisture is found, replace the camera and install a new camera harness DS7Z-13412-B. Use applicable labor operations from Section 11 of the SLTS manual.

My fusion did something similar. But once it did it, it never would start again. Dealership had to replace the backup camera. The connection between the camera and the transmission had gone bad, and the camera was causing the car to think it was in reverse, and wouldn't let it start. No errors of it not being in park or anything like that. Just acted like you weren't pushing the brake pedal to start.
That a very interesting post. Thank you.

Peter

I sell Fords and have a customer that purchased a 2015 Explorer Sport that she loves - sometimes. Shortly after purchasing she reported an issue with the push-button start (or ignition system in general). With the key fob in the vehicle, doors closed, the vehicle would fail to start when the button was pressed. This would continue for ~15 minutes and then it would start like normal.

It seems to happen only when the vehicle has been driven recently (eg. stopping for gas, quick trip to the store) and it never happens first thing in the morning. The remote starter is not immune either.

When it happens the brake pedal doesn't fully depress. We have replicated the issue once or twice in the shop. The vehicle has been in multiple times and is showing no malfunction codes. Our lead tech is stumped.

Has anyone else come across anything like this?
Yes I cannot figure this out have you had any luck with it. We replaced the positive battery clamp due to hidden corrosion. it straighten up for about a year then started doing it again. If we keep a strong battery on it the problem is minimal but still an issue. Also if I unhook the battery cable. the clip out part, it will usual start.

Yes I cannot figure this out have you had any luck with it. We replaced the positive battery clamp due to hidden corrosion. it straighten up for about a year then started doing it again. If we keep a strong battery on it the problem is minimal but still an issue. Also if I unhook the battery cable. the clip out part, it will usual start.
Welcome to the Forum. :wave:

Peter

Back