2015 Explorer XLT, front tie-downs? | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

2015 Explorer XLT, front tie-downs?

IslandEd

Reaction score
City, State
Nanaimo
Year, Model & Trim Level
2015 Exp w/ XLT Tow Pack
Hi. I've got a 2015 Explorer, XLT which includes the tow package. My question is what are people using or adding to act as tie-downs at the front? It looks like I could loop rope onto something (not sure what it's called) under the front just behind the rad off to the sides.

Thanks in advance!!

Hi. I've got a 2015 Explorer, XLT which includes the tow package. My question is what are people using or adding to act as tie-downs at the front? It looks like I could loop rope onto something (not sure what it's called) under the front just behind the rad off to the sides.

Thanks in advance!!
Welcome to the Forum Ed.:wave:
I've never really looked under the front to know what you may be referring to. I'm guessing the tie down is required for perhaps a canoe? Just a guess. In any case just thought I'd mentioned, in case you were not aware, that the weight limit for the roof rack is 45 lbs if you have the moonroof and 100 lbs without.
You could insert the tow hook into the front bumper but that is only one point and it is off to one side so I don't know if that would be of any help.

Peter

Back