2015 XLT wheel hub - Police package front? | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

2015 XLT wheel hub - Police package front?

Cscience

Reaction score
City, State
York
Year, Model & Trim Level
2015 Explorer XLT
Hello all-
I have a 2015 XLT (87K miles)that's been making a noise when driving and turning which I believe I have narrowed down to the front wheel bearing. My problem is I'm not sure which wheel bearing hubs to order. Most of the websites state either "with police package" or "without police package", while the chain auto parts stores list "with (or without) heavy duty brakes." I know the (mine at least) XLT has the heavy duty brakes/rotors as I've just replaced those this weekend. Any help is appreciated.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

the HD brakes, did you replace em w motorcraft units? i think the citizen HD brakes are usually ifferent than the PIU HD brakes. however, maybe someone can confirm!

Hello all-
I have a 2015 XLT (87K miles)that's been making a noise when driving and turning which I believe I have narrowed down to the front wheel bearing. My problem is I'm not sure which wheel bearing hubs to order. Most of the websites state either "with police package" or "without police package", while the chain auto parts stores list "with (or without) heavy duty brakes." I know the (mine at least) XLT has the heavy duty brakes/rotors as I've just replaced those this weekend. Any help is appreciated.
Welcome to the Forum. :wave:
Ford installed the HD brakes, same as Sport, during the 2013 model year. Since yours is an XLT, it doesn't have the Police Package that can be found on the Police Interceptor Units (PIU).

Peter

the HD brakes, did you replace em w motorcraft units? i think the citizen HD brakes are usually ifferent than the PIU HD brakes. however, maybe someone can confirm!
I replaced the pads and rotors with non-motorcraft coated rotors and ceramic pads from and online retailer. The brand was DFC.

in that case then i dont think you have the PIU brakes then

Back