• Register Today It's free!

2015 FPIU aux install

ZippyTheDoggy

Reaction score
City, State
Wisconsin
Year, Model & Trim Level
2015 Police Explorer
I've got a 2015 FPIU, no center console, OEM radio (8U5T-14474-BA), looking to install aux. In the rear of the radio, it only has the 26-pin connector (WPT1440) connected. It's got pins for the L+ and R+, but is missing the R- and LINE IN pins. There's two unused pins (as is shown in alldatadiy's 240A connector for the vehicle) that I was hoping I could move over and use them instead of buying two completely new pins, but I'm not quite sure on how to remove pins from this style of connector.
If anyone has any videos and links to new pins it'd be much appreciated!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Welcome to the Forum. :wave:

Peter

Pull the white surround out the front, then use a depin tool to depress the lever on the pins through the front and slide them out the back IIRC, the white piece clicks over the little levers on the pins to lock them in, it slides forward and then pops over a pair of tabs to come off. I could be wrong about which side you have to put the depin tool through but other than that it should be correct. Just make sure you're looking at the right wiring diagram as the PIU is very different from any of the standard explorer trims if you have the base non-sync system.

Do you have a link to a certain type of depin tool you're talking about? Thanks for the help as well.

I just bought one of the cheap sets that looks like a set of keys on a chain and I just experiment to figure out which one is best to use, typically I use one of the flat thin blade ones that is closest in width to the pin hole, most ford connectors have a slot that it can go in without having to use the weird/round/etc ones.

You're in luck. I just finished the video on how to install aux on non-sync PIU's. Hope it helps.

You're in luck. I just finished the video on how to install aux on non-sync PIU's. Hope it helps.

I've actually seen about half of your other videos- great to see an actual representation of what I'd be doing in a video! Do you happen to have any information about the radio's AUX IN wire, I've just assumed that it's to tell whether or not an aux cable is plugged into a device, but not sure if I can just ignore that wire or not. Again thanks for the video and reply.

I just bought one of the cheap sets that looks like a set of keys on a chain and I just experiment to figure out which one is best to use, typically I use one of the flat thin blade ones that is closest in width to the pin hole, most ford connectors have a slot that it can go in without having to use the weird/round/etc ones.
I've got some generic pin removal kit on order, thanks for the information!

Back