2016 Explorer Sport: Lost ABS, traction control, hill assist, Parking aid | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

2016 Explorer Sport: Lost ABS, traction control, hill assist, Parking aid

km9376

Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
2016 Ford Explorer Sport
Driving home from work today and at a stop light, the dashboard lit up with errors.
I lost ABS, hill start assist, parking aid. Warning lights all over, Service advance trac
warning as well. The vehicle is 2016 Explorer Sport with 28k miles. Still under warranty,
so off to the dealer again. Any one else have this happen?
Getting real tired of all the issues with this vehicle, lost the transmission at 12K, oil leak
at 24K, tires had to be replaced at 25K, hood being replaced due to bubbling, and now
this.

A dashboard lighting up like a 'Christmas tree' as a member once put it, could be the sign of a bad battery.

Peter

Did it look like this? See my video in the first post. I'm waiting for the cold weather to come back to see if I'm still having this issue. I feel strongly that it's either the battery or the sensor. Either way it's going to the dealer this winter when it happens again.

Did it look like this? See my video in the first post. I'm waiting for the cold weather to come back to see if I'm still having this issue. I feel strongly that it's either the battery or the sensor. Either way it's going to the dealer this winter when it happens again.

Similiar, I had all the same warnings in addition to losing the ABS... and that turned out to be the root cause. I took to the dealer and they ended up finding that a piece of metal (they did not save or show me) was found to be stuck to one of the wheel bearings as they are magnetic. That piece of metal was causing all my alarms and issues. It was not covered by warranty, but after I raised major concerns about this being able to cause massive issues with major safety features, and even caused the ABS to engage when not needed while braking at times, they waved the fees. This is a dangerous issue and if it happened once, can happen again. I have had the Explorer back for 2 days now and it all seems fine now.

Back