2016 Ford Explorer and Remote Climate Control | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

2016 Ford Explorer and Remote Climate Control

phil435

Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
2016 Ford Explorer
Hello All. I have a 2016 Ford Explorer that has the long range, one-way key fob for remote start from Ford. This works fine with the exception of the climate control. The setting under remote start-climate control is grayed out. This menu location is were you can choose remember my last setting our automatic control. I don't like automatic which apparently is default since it just sets the cabin temperature to 72 F. This doesn't work well on very cold days. I was told by a ford rep that unless the vehicle was ordered from the factory with remote start then remembering the climate control is disabled and will never work. This seems silly to me since I would think this is the main reason for having remote start. Essentially I took this as all aftermarket (even ford since that's what I have) is worthless. Has anyone got this to work otherwise?

What trim EX do you have?
Was your remote start installed at the dealership?
At any case, auto climate with remote start is suppose heat/cool your car according to the outside temp, based on your current temp setting; at full blast (includes heated steering and seats).
Once you get in the car and physically "turn on the ignition", the fan speed will drop to the last setting.

Hello All. I have a 2016 Ford Explorer that has the long range, one-way key fob for remote start from Ford. This works fine with the exception of the climate control. The setting under remote start-climate control is grayed out. This menu location is were you can choose remember my last setting our automatic control. I don't like automatic which apparently is default since it just sets the cabin temperature to 72 F. This doesn't work well on very cold days. I was told by a ford rep that unless the vehicle was ordered from the factory with remote start then remembering the climate control is disabled and will never work. This seems silly to me since I would think this is the main reason for having remote start. Essentially I took this as all aftermarket (even ford since that's what I have) is worthless. Has anyone got this to work otherwise?
Welcome to the Forum.:wavey:
Please add the 'model' (trim) of your Explorer to your profile so it shows in the margin. Some answers depend on which one you have.

Peter

Back