2016 Ford Explorer Front Collision Sensor mount | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

2016 Ford Explorer Front Collision Sensor mount

soulburn74

Reaction score
City, State
North Hills, CA
Year, Model & Trim Level
2016 Explorer Platinum
So after a small fender bender, after insurance repair was completed, A few months later I noticed the front collision sensor blocked warning start to pop up at freeway speeds. I took it to dealer (extended warranty) to have them take a look. They say the sensor is damaged and hanging loose as however it mounts is bent or broken. I find their diag about the sensor being damaged suspect, as it works most of the time on the city street driving. Just when I get up to higher freeway speeds it warns (I'm guessing its starts to flap around and sends the error). So my question is, is there a part number for whatever bracket or whatever holds it in place? Can I just 'jimmy rig' it to stay in place? I don't really want to spend the $2600 they are quoting to replace the sensor and properly secure it, if the sensor really isn't damaged. (I'd at least rather attempt to try to secure it before shelling out the $$ for sensor replacement. Does anyone have pictures of the sensor attached properly? (I searched the googles and youtubes and can't find any pictures or video of it properly mounted or instructions on how to mount. If I try and it still errors, then I'll pony up the $$$ to get it repaired "properly".....

PS Yes I tried to take the car back to body shop the work was done at and they are throwing their hands in the air....... i'm screwed in that regard... and the dealer is denying warranty stating its damage not part failure....... :(

1631845203549-png.png

I think I found what I'm looking for. Part # 14c022

Call the insurance company and let them know the repair wasn't performed completely/properly.

PS Yes I tried to take the car back to body shop the work was done at and they are throwing their hands in the air....... i'm screwed in that regard... and the dealer is denying warranty stating its damage not part failure....... :(
At highway speeds the sensor is probably subjected to more stress and that in turn has exposed the damage to the bracket. It isn't a warranty issue but should be repaired under the initial work order. In all probability, it was either missed or the fracture wasn't evident at the time.

Peter

Back