• Register Today It's free!

2016 Limited Rear Brake Pads

Joe Morris

Reaction score
City, State
Falconer, NY
Year, Model & Trim Level
2016 Explorer Limited
I recently changed the rear brake pads and rotors on my explorer. Got the pad and rotor package from 1A Auto. After my last oil change the dealership told me that the pads were too big for the rotors. They looked the same size as the old ones. Anyone have any suggestions or had this happen?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I believe it was part number 1ABFS02463.

I believe it was part number 1ABFS02463.
Thank you. That must be their own part number as it does not match any Ford numbers.

Peter

What was their point in stating this to you? Is there any issue with the brake performance?

What was their point in stating this to you? Is there any issue with the brake performance?
They said that as the pad wears down it would cup over the top of the rotor. It kind of makes sense to me but I don't see how it could be that big of a deal

That pretty much narrows it down to one of two things...wrong pads OR Wrong Rotors. IIRC all rotors and pads should be the same for front and rear with the exception of Sport which use heavier duty pads and rotors.

That pretty much narrows it down to one of two things...wrong pads OR Wrong Rotors. IIRC all rotors and pads should be the same for front and rear with the exception of Sport which use heavier duty pads and rotors.
As of 2013 all have the same HD brakes as the Sport.

Back