• Register Today It's free!

2016 PIU AC blowing warm

Gportela

Reaction score
City, State
Peoria az
Year, Model & Trim Level
2016 Ford interceptor uti
Hello, new member. I purchased a 2016 PIU a month ago, for my son to take to college. i was told the AC didnt work. to my surprise, when i turned it on, it worked fine for a month. today it stopped working & my son leaves on Sunday. I have been reading posts & did some trouble shooting but want some advice.

retesting

Hello, new member. I purchased a 2016 PIU a month ago, for my son to take to college. i was told the AC didnt work. to my surprise, when i turned it on, it worked fine for a month. today it stopped working & my son leaves on Sunday. I have been reading posts & did some trouble shooting but want some advice.

to start:
the AC system is blowing warm air
the clutch is not engaging
swapped relays & still nothing
all fuses good
Relay is a square with 4 pins, if im looking at driver from front pins will be
1 2
4 3 clockwise
car off
pin 1 - 12v/ pin 2,3,4 nothing
car on ac running
pin 1 & 4 14v
pin 2 2.55 v
pin 3 nothing
jumper from pin 1 to 3 hear a small click near compressor
12 v on white pigtail at compressor when car/ac on
nothing on black pigtail at compressor
clutch spins freely when turning by hand
readings on gauges, car on or off
High side is 150 (should be 235-280)
Low side is all the way to 300 (should be 42-55)
outdoor temp is 108,

After doing all of this Im leaning towards the compressor. is there anything else i should be checking before i swap out the compressor?

thanks in advance.

It could be the compressor, but what I do first is pull a vacuum to see if it holds. I had access to an AC evac machine so I know that is not ideal for you. If it holds a vacuum I would do a recharge and see if it holds. If it doesn't hold I would still recharge but would UV add dye to the oil and find the leak. The two biggest reasons AC won't cycle on is because the refrigerant levels are too low and so the system prevents cycling on to avoid causing damage, or because the AC compressor is not functioning. There are so many parts to the AC system and I have seen about all of them fail but I would start there. Most of the time I have found it to be a leak, located it with a black light. Leaks are often caused by the small green O-ring gaskets joining AC lines and components. If you replace any O-rings first soak them in AC oil to maximize the seal. Good luck!

Back