• Register Today It's free!

2017 doesn’t really get much heat

NunavutExplorer

Reaction score
City, State
Nunavut
Year, Model & Trim Level
'17 XLT 3.5 App/Tech pkg
I have a ‘17 Explorer that doesn’t produce much heat anymore. Fan speed seems to have not very much change between the lower ones until 6 and 7. So thinking a resistor? Blend doors are cycling through defrost, forward and feet area.

On the rear you can definitely notice all the changes in speed. Also doesn’t get max temp there also.

Would a faulty resistor also cause low heat scenario’s? I don’t have access to a shop so everything has to be done outdoors. And -20 to -40*c temps I am not looking forward to doing the whole dash removal. May just park it until summer and just share the ‘22 F150 with the wife till spring.

Edit-Is removing the evaporator core also tied into the AC? No shop has AC refrigeration charging or freon. Would hate to loose that also. And concern if I would have to discharge it, and run it after change would cause more problems?

Am in a remote area, Nunavut Canada that is why hardly any shop services. Also, coolant level is good. May try just the resistor for now and hope it works.

Back