Heat issue

Suzuki14258

Reaction score
City, State
Texas
Year, Model & Trim Level
1995 Explorer xlt awd
Howdy

So I tried searching and all the post ive found with same issue people have the electronic controls. I have this 1995 explorer xlt that I’m saving and starting to drive with manual controls. I had no heat, so I started with the basics. I put a new motorcraft thermostat in it because it wasn’t getting to operating temp. Immediately had heat and life was good. It wasn’t super hot, it was 110 degrees coming out of vents. Drove it a few days then nothing but cold air when I set it to heat. So last night I pulled the blend door actuator out and it wasn’t working and had extreme heat because it went to the closed position. I bought a doorman 604-202 for it and put it in and nothing. Just stays in full heat. So pulled it back out and adjusted the controls which are also all new Ford parts and the actuator doesn’t do anything. I just tested it for power and it has no power going to it. All fuses seem good unless I’m missing one. Any thoughts? Does anyone have a wiring diagram for a non electronic controlled blend door actuator? I also would have bought a ford blend door actuator for it if I could have found one as I’ve seen mixed things about doorman. However if it doesn’t have power going to it doesn’t really matter. Also the valve under the hood for heater core is working when you set it to max ac.
Thanks for any help

73B90FFE-1602-4D9F-9C66-8BF8B227C219.jpeg

This is from the 98 wiring diagram manual. If it helps.

Fuse 10 in the instrument panel fuse box is for the blend door actuator . This sends 12 volts to the blend door actuator motor, key in run.

3 wires from the hot / cold knob to blend door actuator.

1 ground wire black.

Dr

Back