• Register Today It's free!

2017 door locks

FranksFords

Reaction score
City, State
Madison Alabama
Year, Model & Trim Level
2018 Explorer XLT
My wife's 2017 has an intermittent issue with the doors locking or unlocking. It does it with key fob or button on door. It's not just one door but all. One time it's just driver another time just front passenger another one of rear then may clear up and all work for several days. Is there sot sort of control unit that manages all door locks? I know there's an actuator for each just find it hard to believe they'd all fail at the same time.

Hi Frank. From what I gather, the doors are failing, but not all of them at the same time, but individually at various times. Is that right?
When a door fails to unlock, is it from its own switch or the driver's button or both. In other words, if the door switch won't unlock it, are you able to unlock it using the driver's unlock button? I don't know if there is a main module that controls the locks or not. Have you tried reprogramming the lock/unlock setup that you use?

Peter

Hi Frank. From what I gather, the doors are failing, but not all of them at the same time, but individually at various times. Is that right?
When a door fails to unlock, is it from its own switch or the driver's button or both. In other words, if the door switch won't unlock it, are you able to unlock it using the driver's unlock button? I don't know if there is a main module that controls the locks or not. Have you tried reprogramming the lock/unlock setup that you use?

Peter
It doesn't work no matter which button is used door or fob. We've tried the reprogramming feature. Get same result.

The BCM controls the door locks. There is one circuit for lock and two for unlock. For unlock one circuit controls the driver door only and the other unlocks the remaining doors.

Back