2017 explorer 3.5NA 4wd livernois

cfd911

Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
chicago IL
Year, Model & Trim Level
2017 xlt 4wd
Ok boys and girls i decided to pull the trigger on a livernois tune. So here is my 2 cents . I have a 2017 explorer 4wd 3.5L naturally aspirated. It is my daily driver so i chose an 87 performance tune , i did discuss with them my options And my honest opinion is this . If your gonna go with a tune go with a higher octane tune , trust me on this for 627.00 dollars your better off with a higher octane tune if not your better off driving in sport mode ! I know this was my decision but i thought i d treat myself here , but believe me , i was a chief on chicago FD i drove a PIU on a daily basis and even after my tune you will not even come close to performance unless you start going ti a higher octane . Just thought i share my experience save your hard earned money !

Livernois isn't worth the money. There are plenty of better tuners out there that haven't abandoned the platform. The 3.7 engine has a more aggressive tune than the 3.5 from the factory. Higher octane will always make more power.

I was thinking about this at one time because Livernois is the only one I've seen to offer a tune for the n/a 3.5, however with my past tuning experiences their claims seemed a bit far fetched to me especially at the price they are asking for a boxed tune. I would have probably gone for the 87 tune as well since this is a DD I already have a car that requires 93 which has been running close to $1 more per gallon here.

I'm sorry to hear about your disappointment, but glad to hear some actual feedback as n/a 3.5 mods don't seem to be discussed much here

Back