2017 Explorer Limited Homelink programming | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

2017 Explorer Limited Homelink programming

TFSole'

Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
2017 Explorer Limited
I have 3 garage doors at my home and assume that I can use a button to open each on my Homelink system.

I've successfully programmed Door 1, using the left button, but, following the same instructions I found on YouTube, I cannot program door 2, or 3 with the middle or right button.

Help?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I have 3 garage doors at my home and assume that I can use a button to open each on my Homelink system.

I've successfully programmed Door 1, using the left button, but, following the same instructions I found on YouTube, I cannot program door 2, or 3 with the middle or right button.

Help?
Have you tried following the instructions in your Owner's Manual? I have mine programmed on the right button.

Peter

Have you tried following the instructions in your Owner's Manual? I have mine programmed on the right button.

Peter

I have not. Will it show me how to program multiple doors?

I have not. Will it show me how to program multiple doors?
I can't recall off hand but I don't see why you can you shouldn't be able to follow the same procedure for each door. I have found that if your attempt is unsuccessful then you should use the 'memory delete' procedure to make sure you start fresh each time. Unfortunately in your case that would delete the 1 successful one. I don't believe this identical issue has come up before.

Peter

Even the memory clear didn't work.
Have you tried using the right button in stead of the left for the one you are able to program? I don't think it will make any difference but perhaps worth a try. If still no go then perhaps use the info in the manual; Additional system information can be found online at www.homelink.com, www.youtube.com/HomeLinkGentex or by calling the toll-free help line on 1-800-355-3515.

Peter

When I got our 2013 Limited, I programmed both my openers with no problem. A year or two later I had to replace one of the Chamberlain brand openers and I could not get it to program. I eventually called Chamberlain and it turns out they changed their technology and I had to use a different method to program the opener. It was not the procedure described in the owners manual. Is it possible you have a mix of old and new openers? Or maybe you don't have openers made by Chamberlain and then, well. never mind. :)

When I got our 2013 Limited, I programmed both my openers with no problem. A year or two later I had to replace one of the Chamberlain brand openers and I could not get it to program. I eventually called Chamberlain and it turns out they changed their technology and I had to use a different method to program the opener. It was not the procedure described in the owners manual. Is it possible you have a mix of old and new openers? Or maybe you don't have openers made by Chamberlain and then, well. never mind. :)

I have three Liftmasters that are each 2 years old. :dunno:

Back