Programming Explorer 5 button Prox key | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Programming Explorer 5 button Prox key

medicineman-1

Reaction score
City, State
Illinois
Year, Model & Trim Level
2014 Limited
Hi everybody, I have been trying to program another 5 button prox key for my 2014 Explorer limited using the instructions in the Explorer owners manual. I have not been successful. Have any of you used these instructions with success?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Short answer, YES. Just read a post this afternoon where a member programed a 3rd key himself and then had the blank keyblade cut for free by the dealer. Unfortunately I can't recall where I read it it at the moment. This may be a dumb question, but did you check to make sure the spare had a battery in it?

Peter

Are you trying to program it to start the car or lock/unlock the door?

Thanks for the replies peterk9 and Rubberhead, The fob is new and has a good battery. I am trying to make the new fob do everything that the two that came with my Explorer will do. I started on page 90 of the owners manual.

make sure about the location of the new Fob in the car when you start to program it . I think there is a location in dash board , also try to search on youtube as there is some video show it

Those sure are a lot of steps to program the fob! When you get to step 5 does the START/STOP button flash rapidly as it is supposed to? Not sure why the procedure isn't working for you. The only thing that comes to mind is to check to ensure the fob is inserted correctly in the slot. I take it the buttons must face toward the rear of the vehicle.

Peter

Back