2017 ordering | Page 23 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

2017 ordering

Hi, newbie here ....first time ever with Ford, I ordered my Explorer sport ruby red on the 4th July, ETIS says build date 07/08/2016 window sticker 04/08/2016, I just got a reply from the Ford service online (link posted on this forum):

<<<<<<<
Hi JoeFed,

Sure thing! Your Explorer is currently in transit, with an ETA of August 25th (subject to change). It hasn't gone very far yet, but it is definitely on the move. Check back with me in a few days, and I'll take another look.

Rachel

FORD SERVICE

>>>>>>>>

I just wanted to share with the rest of you Thanks for all the good info...and btw I'm in Montreal Canada.
Thanks. I'm joining the guys at the bar!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Pull up a seat..... We will start you out with a double bourbon...... You should have a good buzz by the time you car arrives........

Ford Chat says she has arrived, my magnetic platinum beauty. I am waiting for my salesman to call and let me know. DFred, have you added new pics to your FB link showing the tint?
I'd love to see her all done up!!

I'm in the same boat kbrnhart. I was originally given an ETA of 07/23. My truck has apparently been build, but has been sitting at the plant waiting for shipment for 3 weeks! In my last conversation with the dealer, he mentioned that none of the '17's seem to be moving...said he suspects that there may be some sort of "hold" on them. No ETA al all at this point. Frustrated.
Usually if there is a 'Hold' that info would be reported. It could simply be a lack of available railcars. That happened before a few years ago.

Peter

Ford Service checked a few minutes ago and said mine is showing as delivered!! Time to call my dealer :D

Mine arrived at the dealer at 9 am this morning. Picked it up at 1. Out the door in about 20 minutes. Skipped most of the tour, I like to figure out things on my own and I probably know as much as the salesman anyway. Good luck to others, hope your vehicle arrives soon-

Ford Chat says she has arrived, my magnetic platinum beauty. I am waiting for my salesman to call and let me know. DFred, have you added new pics to your FB link showing the tint?
I'd love to see her all done up!!

One pic of the front window with tint...... Best part was the sunroof with the mirror tint...... I can leave the shade open with the sunroof closed and the sun does not bake my butt..... Go ahead and join my face book.... Then I can see your new ride..... More mods done Friday and Saturday..... I will post those pics on my face book also...... CONGRADULATIONS ON THE X...... Don't forget to pay the bar tab :chug:

......Best part was the sunroof with the mirror tint...... I can leave the shade open with the sunroof closed and the sun does not bake my butt......
That must be one awkward driving position you use.:laugh:

Peter

13924813_10208906795659499_7390319331875624007_n.jpg
Pics please!'

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10208906795659499&set=pcb.10208906910702375&type=3&theater

photo.php

03/14/2016 - 2017MY Order Bank Open Date
04/14/2016 - 2017MY Scheduling Begins
06/06/2016 - 2017MY Job #1 Date
Just got. Build date by Sept. 4 from Ford chat for my limited - wish my dealer was proactive and gave me that info. Don't have any idea how long it will take to deliver it to Arkansas

The word on the street is the truck is on a train it left on Sunday should hit Milton Tuesday

The word on the street is the truck is on a train it left on Sunday should hit Milton Tuesday
Ahh, Milton, I think that is the place I was trying to think of. My 2011 Explorer came from Chicago by rail to a place just West of Toronto where it was transferred to a transport truck. Milton must be it!

Peter

I think they made a mistake ...you got my car!!

Ha I waited long enough for mine. It's my first red vehicle ever, I was second guessing myself a bit while reading all the smoke colored ones here. But after getting it I have no regrets, everyone has complimented me on it even strangers in parking lots.

Ha I waited long enough for mine. It's my first red vehicle ever, I was second guessing myself a bit while reading all the smoke colored ones here. But after getting it I have no regrets, everyone has complimented me on it even strangers in parking lots.
Congratulations. Now you can update your profile.;)

Peter

Looks gorgeous.

I'm a little disappointed with my situation. Vehicle is in. My dealer won't offer me a penny under $1000 OVER invoice. I have gone to a couple other dealers and they are all under invoice. But nobody can find my car. They are also offering 2-3k more for my trade in. We may be ordering another one and allow the waiting game to begin. Bartender...

Looks gorgeous.

I'm a little disappointed with my situation. Vehicle is in. My dealer won't offer me a penny under $1000 OVER invoice. I have gone to a couple other dealers and they are all under invoice. But nobody can find my car. They are also offering 2-3k more for my trade in. We may be ordering another one and allow the waiting game to begin. Bartender...

What a crock....... That's unbelievable....... If you haven't signed anything walk...... That whole deal smells and they lost the X......... All said an done my platinum was less than 50 and a 35 trade in on a 2012 pickup. Not bragging but the deals are out there and there is no shortage of Explorers......... I was at my dealer yesterday and a truck arrived with 7 x's and my dealer is a very small dealership. I had the deal made before I ever ordered the X.... But new incentives rolled in from ford while we waited and my dealer just kept adding them into the deal, even the ones that expired while we waited were honored by ford because the vehicle was on order...... Goto another dealer and have them check for the car you want..... It may be sitting at another dealers lot and they can go get it..... No waiting. Keep us posted......... Good luck and have a drink on me............

Looks gorgeous.

I'm guessing you had a hand shake deal in place, and they reniged?
I wouldn't think twice, I would simply walk out without a word.
Re-order from another dealer. Personally, I wouldn't buy it from that dealer if they reversed and offered it to me for 2k under.

He always said 1000 over invoice but we never put numbers together. He has sold my family 5 cars. I am meeting another dealer today or tomorrow and we will see what they can do. Needless to say my excitement has dwindled.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

He always said 1000 over invoice but we never put numbers together. He has sold my family 5 cars. I am meeting another dealer today or tomorrow and we will see what they can do. Needless to say my excitement has dwindled.

Don't you think he inflated the trade in value and then charged more to offset. Is the net about the same?

Back