2018 Ford Explorer Platinum, one month in... | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

2018 Ford Explorer Platinum, one month in...

FASTSTANG

Reaction score
City, State
Metuchen, NJ
Year, Model & Trim Level
2018 Explorer Platinum
Greetings,
Took delivery of my 2018 Ford Explorer Platinum about a month ago and have a few issues...
First the drivers side seat cushion cover is disengaged and loose hanging. Looks like there is a clip that is not attached. I tried to re-attach but there doesn't seem to be a way to do this.
Anyone come across this? Googling I found a TSB 16-0097 that is close to what I've got going on.
Second the rear hatch stops half way when rising, and then will not close. This happened a few times, but usually turning off the car and starting it again resolves the issues (The old Microsoft fix)

LJS

Greetings,
Took delivery of my 2018 Ford Explorer Platinum about a month ago and have a few issues...
First the drivers side seat cushion cover is disengaged and loose hanging. Looks like there is a clip that is not attached. I tried to re-attach but there doesn't seem to be a way to do this.
Anyone come across this? Googling I found a TSB 16-0097 that is close to what I've got going on.
Second the rear hatch stops half way when rising, and then will not close. This happened a few times, but usually turning off the car and starting it again resolves the issues (The old Microsoft fix)

LJS
The seat cushion TSB is listed in our thread on TSB's; 2011 + Explorer TSB's & SSM's
It may be somewhat similar but applies to 2011 - 2016 Explorers. That could be because the TSB came out in 2016. In any case I suggest you take it back to the dealer to have it fixed. As for the liftgate, there is a 'Reset' procedure listed in earlier models (2011 - 2015) but the later Manuals don't seem to have it. When I first read that it stopped half way I though perhaps someone set the liftgate height but then you mentioned that restarting the vehicle allowed it to fully open, so that height adjustment isn't the issue.

Peter

Yes I have a clip piece that is not connected on both my seats. Doesn't seem to be effecting anything but yes, should be addressed when I take it in. Had a similar issue with my cx5.

Back