2019 Ambient Lighting Locations

HDJulie

Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Little Rock, AR
Year, Model & Trim Level
2021 Explorer Platinum
I've recently upgraded to the 2019 Explorer Platinum & I have a question about the ambient lighting. In my 2016 Explorer Platinum, I swear there was ambient light in the lower part of the front doors. In the 2019, the lighting is by the door latch but not in the bottom section of the door. Am I mistaken & there never was an ambient light down there?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

My 17 limited has ambient lighting both near the door latch and bottom of the door where you can store things.

I looked at the area & there's a space in the paneling on the door where a light could go but I don't see any lights in it. Anyone else have a 2019 who can see if they have lights on the bottom of the door?

I looked at the area & there's a space in the paneling on the door where a light could go but I don't see any lights in it. Anyone else have a 2019 who can see if they have lights on the bottom of the door?

If anyone doesn't chime in, just check another 19 platinum out at a Ford if it's not too far. Frankly, any 19 that has the ambient lighting should suffice. I feel as if you either have the whole package or you don't.

I noticed this just the other day on my 2018 Platinum that their is no light on the lower front doors and I did have the lights on my 2016 Sport. Did you also notice that the lights in the cup holders have been moved to the bottom of the holders now?

I noticed this just the other day on my 2018 Platinum that their is no light on the lower front doors and I did have the lights on my 2016 Sport. Did you also notice that the lights in the cup holders have been moved to the bottom of the holders now?
I did notice that & it's one change that I like.

Back