2019 explorer interior lighting question. | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

2019 explorer interior lighting question.

Toddman41

Reaction score
City, State
Herculaneum, MO
Year, Model & Trim Level
2019, Explorer Limited
Just picked up my used 2019 Limited with 28k miles last Tuesday. My question is on the 2019 limited model with Ambient lighting is the lighting just in the front door handle pull, front footwells, front console cupholders, and rear side of the front console, illuminating the rear heated seats buttons and middle row footwells?

Also, there is no light in the front console or the glovebox correct? Surprised there is not a light, or not one I see in the front console or glovebox! Being mine was used, I have no type of tray or organizer in the front console, just a cavernous hole. TIA...

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I think you can change the situation by using a smart ribbon to decorate the dashboard and any other necessary places. In addition to the tape itself, you will need accessories that will help you securely and beautifully fix the luminous cord in your chosen places, ensuring the safety and convenience of using new light sources. In addition, with the help of additional equipment, you will be able to provide brightness control and organize impressive lighting effects. But the main equipment for you should be an LED strip like https://www.vont.com/product/smart-strip-lights-led-strip-lights/. You can find many easy ways to install it in YouTube videos.

I think you can change the situation by using a smart ribbon to decorate the dashboard and any other necessary places.
Welcome to the Forum. :wave:

Peter

"Also, there is no light in the front console or the glovebox correct? Surprised there is not a light, or not one I see in the front console or glovebox! Being mine was used, I have no type of tray or organizer in the front console, just a cavernous hole. TIA..."
None for mine either, I think there was a link to find a Ford part # for one somewhere here. I rarely go in there and would better need one for the console vault. That or an ambient led in the dome/sunglasses tray so I can see the dials at least.

None for mine either, I think there was a link to find a Ford part # for one somewhere here. I rarely go in there and would better need one for the console vault. That or an ambient led in the dome/sunglasses tray so I can see the dials at least.
I know you can buy the light and pigtail for the glovebox light, and will have to tap into say the 12v cigarette plug for power. But there no option for the console, one would have to come up with your own solution for lights and a depression switch for the console like a buddy did in our previous 2012 F150 XLTs...

20130903_154213.jpg 20130903_222617.jpg 20131229_001635.jpg

On those that come with a light in the console, I don't believe there is a"depression switch" to turn the light OFF. I haven't found it in any of the vehicles I've had. I wonder if it is somehow tied into the latch of the lid? Either that, or perhaps it is always ON as long as the vehicle is ON.

Peter

On those that come with a light in the console, I don't believe there is a"depression switch" to turn the light OFF. I haven't found it in any of the vehicles I've had. I wonder if it is somehow tied into the latch of the lid? Either that, or perhaps it is always ON as long as the vehicle is ON.

Peter
If I did it, I would leave a rocker switch hidden under the HVAC where the "SYNC" door flips up. There is just enough space to not touch regular generic flip switches when the door opens.

Back