2020 Explorer secure idle programming. | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

2020 Explorer secure idle programming.

Blair_May

Reaction score
City, State
Unity, Saskatchewan
Year, Model & Trim Level
2020 Explorer XLT
I have a 2020 Explorer and would like to program in the secure idle feature. I was able to do this with no problem on my 2016 Explorer. Is there a programming code for this?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Welcome to the Forum. :wave:
Was your 2016 push button start? I ask because I just saw an article that said Secure Idle is not compatible with push-button start.

Peter

I have a 2020 Explorer and would like to program in the secure idle feature. I was able to do this with no problem on my 2016 Explorer. Is there a programming code for this?
Was your 2016 push button start? I ask because I just saw an article that said Secure Idle is not compatible with push-button start.

Peter
Peter,
Our 2016 Explorer did have a push button start. The secure idle wouldn’t let the transmission out of park if it didn’t sense the key fob. I did this with my 2017 SuperDuty as well.

Thank you. Good to know and good luck.

Peter

You can use FORSCAN to enable SecureIdle, but it should be enabled by Default on 2020MY

There is no mention of Secure Idle in the Manual. It seems it is PIU factory installed feature only.

Peter

How did you program your 2016 Explorer to do this? Was it with forscan?

How did you program your 2016 Explorer to do this? Was it with forscan?
FYI, the member you quoted was last seen here on June 13, 2020.

Peter

Back