2020 Limited 3rd Row Power Seat won't go back down | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

2020 Limited 3rd Row Power Seat won't go back down

TXFergie

Reaction score
City, State
Hutto, Texas
Year, Model & Trim Level
2020 Limited, 2007 EddieB
Hello all - I just picked up a 2020 Explorer Limited, I-4 EcoBoost engine, and lots of bells and whistles. I've looked a couple of other threads about this but didn't sese anything of major help. I raised my back seats (3rd Row) to let my daughter check them out, and when I went to put them back down the right seat moves fine but the left seat is locked in place. I've tried using both the L and L+R buttons and nothing works. Only one fuse is related to the rear seats, but it looks like it's for both seats and not just one or the other. Nothing is blocking the seat. Any suggestions before I take it to the dealership? Thanks!

Happened to my 2020ST and I took it to the dealer. They got it working. Happened again, and I tracked down a "reset" procedure somewhere. I'm not certain, but my recollection is that it was to hold down both buttons until the seats re-synchronize. Whatever I did "fixed" it again, but I'm guessing this will be a periodic issue. I only raise the seats to clean the area and that doesn't happen very often.

I found the reset procedure in another thread and tried it but it didn't seem to help. I'll try again later when it's not raining.....

EDIT: Wrong procedure - I was using the left and right buttons for the reset, not the center. Tried it with the center button and it reset in about 20 seconds. It's even mentioned in the Owners Manual.

My recollection is that when the dealer got it working the first time, a firmware update was involved so perhaps there was a generic issue with the older vehicles. If the reset procedure doesn't work you might try the dealer.

Back