2020 Official Colorado Color Run | Page 11 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

2020 Official Colorado Color Run

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

The view looks amazing, it seems like its a successful trail adventure.

One batch we bought from the KOA burned with colors. One batch didn't. They get the split wood by the cord, from locals, about every other day.

We think that the wood that did give colors, was dead fall from an avalanche, and was washed over with water at some point. Lots of mining run off up there.

They are proud of it too. They cut one 18" log into 6-8 sticks, and sell them for $1/ea stick. But hey, you call it in by phone, & they deliver to your campsite for free! LOL

So, any plans on a 2021 Colorado color run?

Maybe 2022, this year is lookin kinda tight....

That said... It is definitely worth planning a trip! I'd love to go again (and actually bring the Explorer). Sandi still hasn't been to CO and I'd love for her to get a chance to see it. If she liked the Moab scenery she'll absolutely love CO.

Ok, now that it IS 2022, I'm in favor of a CCR trip. I think I can even get Sandi to come along now that she's seen the beautiful pics.

Ok, now that it IS 2022, I'm in favor of a CCR trip. I think I can even get Sandi to come along now that she's seen the beautiful pics.

You can start a thread if you want.

Back