• Register Today It's free!

2021 Explorer EGR Location?

callam

Reaction score
City, State
west branch, mi
Year, Model & Trim Level
2021 Ford Explorer XLT
So I had a check engine light come on on my 2021 explorer xlt checked the ford pass app and scanned it with my tool, and both said EGR high temp. I looked under the hood and found a massive nest of grass on top of the engine, mind you this is a daily driver. where would I find the EGR valve to check for damaged wires, I don't think rodent damage is warranty covered.

IMG_20220826_174214129.jpg IMG_20220826_222205622.jpg received_811407413354134.jpeg Screenshot_20220826-173255.png

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I don't know where it is located and could not find it using an Internet search for the 6th gen. Perhaps someone will have the answer and no, it is not a warranty item if it is rodent damage.

Peter

I don't know where it is located and could not find it using an Internet search for the 6th gen. Perhaps someone will have the answer and no, it is not a warranty item if it is rodent damage.

Peter
hopefully it just over heated from having the nest on top of the engine and it resets itself, going to check wires today.

Back