cwescapexlt4x4

Explorin' the Desert SW
Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Litchfield Park, AZ area...
Year, Model & Trim Level
2021 King Ranch 4wd 3.0T
So what's everyone's thought, feedback or experience with the King Ranch trim? Looks like for 2022 they bumped the HP up as well to the 400 per Car & Driver.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

If you do a Build & Price on the Ford website you will find the following;

1636156829610.png

Peter

Pretty interesting, on the US website, it still shows it as 365 HP for the KR and Platinum on a 2022 Model
What I posted was from the US website. I had originally posted the same quote that you did but then did some more digging and found the quote that I posted.

Peter

So this thread shows why i was surprised of the bump to 400 but REALLY now has my attention! Now to see one in person and the interior before ordering one 1st quarter next year.

and yet Ford will not release the Hybrid 450+ HP unit here, reserving it for the Lincoln badge. Makes no sense what so ever especially with the 7500 dollar rebate on EVs.

and yet Ford will not release the Hybrid 450+ HP unit here, reserving it for the Lincoln badge. Makes no sense what so ever especially with the 7500 dollar rebate on EVs.
That is only for full EV cars now. Lincoln hybrid is ~6700 now. (can't wait to cash mine in haha)

So this thread shows why i was surprised of the bump to 400 but REALLY now has my attention! Now to see one in person and the interior before ordering one 1st quarter next year.
I have always liked the KW interior coloring options better. Oddly though I have found depending on options selected it is sometimes cheaper or the same price to go with a higher model that will have slightly better resale/trade in values later on. Well at least on trucks anyways. I would recommend building multiple models with the options you want and check pricing of each. I think the invoice pricing of my fully loaded platinum f150 was the same as a fully loaded KW. I know a/z price made the Platinum cheaper.... somehow?

KW :dunno:

Thought it was an Elmore Fud kinda thing.
King Wanch

I'm betting the info that link goes to was a copy and paste from a SPORT model. I don't see them bumping power up for another model. When it's a special incentive for the sport.

If we weren't leasing our KR I'd be looking at doing the program for about 125hp or more. Since the sports can get another 90hp and we're short 35hp from them. This would be a huge bump in power.

King Wanch

I'm betting the info that link goes to was a copy and paste from a SPORT model. I don't see them bumping power up for another model. When it's a special incentive for the sport.

If we weren't leasing our KR I'd be looking at doing the program for about 125hp or more. Since the sports can get another 90hp and we're short 35hp from them. This would be a huge bump in power.
The piece I posted in post #2 was about the King Ranch. Not the Sport. https://www.ford.com/suvs/explorer/models/explorer-king-ranch/

Peter

King Wanch

There's no Explorer Sport anymore....
All 2022 3.0L Ecoboost Explorer's will come standard with 400hp, 415tq.

99.9% same drivetrain... The ST is still a sportier version, will be a better "track" performer, have better brake options, and be slight faster in a straight line thanks to its shorter final gear ratio.

No different than the 5th Gen Explorer's were with the Sport and Platinum. The Platinum and KR are the highest tier's Ford offer's on an Explorer, no reason why it should have less HP. Shouldn't have less to begin with either.

I got what you meant. I'm referring that it was probably the wrong info listed. By someone who doesn't know. Assuming they just copied and pasted info from a file folder. You think someone who works in an office knows everything about every car. I highly doubt it.
Its listed in the build sheet when you pre order any of those trims....

Its listed in the build sheet when you pre order any of those trims....
Screen shot from ford.com doing the build sheet. Not the same as what you posted. So somethings off from what you linked to what I went to directly at ford.

Screenshot_20211109-190115_Chrome.jpg

Was confused myself as well haha Im sure he meant the KR - King Ranch
Yep brain fart by the fact the brand for the King Ranch is a giant W.... and that is what comes to mind when talking about a King Ranch vehicle...
1636506873051.png

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Both of those numbers are listed when doing the build. Guarantee you the 400 is wrong. Cause if its not why would they have started selling them in 2021 with lower hp to start with. Because I'm sure going to give them shyt about mine.

Back