2022 Timberline Terrible Bluetooth | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

2022 Timberline Terrible Bluetooth

rchrd

Reaction score
City, State
orlando, fl
Year, Model & Trim Level
'22 Explorer Timberline
Hello all,

Recently got into a '22 timberline and for the first month or so the bluetooth connection to my Galaxy S22 has been fantastic, but recently it has begun cutting out occasionally and it's begun to get very frustrating.

I've done a full removal / reset on the device and Sync, reboot my phone, etc but it keeps coming back. Is anyone else having issues with bluetooth in general?

I know I can plug in and use android auto but to be honest I'm not a huge fan of the interface and kinda prefer the sync instead.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Hello all,

Recently got into a '22 timberline and for the first month or so the bluetooth connection to my Galaxy S22 has been fantastic, but recently it has begun cutting out occasionally and it's begun to get very frustrating.

I've done a full removal / reset on the device and Sync, reboot my phone, etc but it keeps coming back. Is anyone else having issues with bluetooth in general?

I know I can plug in and use android auto but to be honest I'm not a huge fan of the interface and kinda prefer the sync instead.
Have you tried your phone in a different vehicle to make sure it's not the phone?

Have you tried your phone in a different vehicle to make sure it's not the phone?

Yup, my previous vehicle had a standard Kenwood head unit with bluetooth and in my 8+ years of owning it not a single phone ever had the same cutting out issue I'm having with my Sync at the moment.

I have had 3 Fords with Sync, between my wife and myself, probably 5-6 different Galaxy phones. I don't know why they hate each other, but Ford and Samsung Bluetooth always seems really bad. I've ended up just plugging mine in every time I get in my Timberline, I know you said you don't like Android Auto interface, but there might be a way to plug it in, use Sync and stream music that way... Just a thought.

I have an older Galaxy A20 phone and only use it for phone calls but haven't had any issues at all in any of my vehicles.

Peter

So I also have an S22 + or whatever and have had a new type of Bluetooth issue with this phone that I didn't have prior to the last update. Granted it's in my 2011 I know it's related to the phone and not the truck. Even though I've always had Bluetooth struggles with all my Samsungs in factory Fords just as someone else mentioned.

I had constant problems with bluetooth in my Bronco, the phone would have to be added almost monthly and would cut out, so far in the new Explorer it is working great. I think it was Sync.

Back