2nd Gen Body Kit & Flares on 1st Gen | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

2nd Gen Body Kit & Flares on 1st Gen

OK. I'm going to the yard this Saturday and I'm going to be looking around for a few 2nd Gen parts to put on my '92 to make it a little slicker looking. I'm converting the door handles over from black plastic to painted 2nd Gen, and I'd also like to find the Stock 2nd Gen body kit/ground effect/fender flares (what ever it's called) pictured below. (Assuming I can find one):

ExplorerFlares.jpg

Does anybody have a picture of a first gen with this kit on it? I've never seen one on a 1st Gen before and it looks great on the 2nd gen. I just want to see if the look works on a 1st gen before I consider stumbling off into that project (drilling 4 billion holes, etc). If anybody does I'd be very happy. :)

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Thank you so much, I've been looking for ages to find a picture thread like that. You did exactly what I was thinking of doing too (painting the flares/trim to match the body). Awesome truck :D :thumbsup:

i was going to say should be a fine swap, the bodies are the same from mid fender area to mid fender area

hate to bring up an old thread, but do the flares from the 98 match up with the flare of the stock fender? because it looks a little off in the pics. But that could just be me.

I already have running boards on my eddie bauer, will the flares still fit on or do i need to take the running boards too.
will it sit flush if i just use my running boards???

Back