• Register Today It's free!

3.0 PHEV remap

FinPHEV

Reaction score
City, State
Finland
Year, Model & Trim Level
EURO 2020 Limited PHEV
I have been thinking about remapping my plug-in hybrid 3.0 EcoBoost engine, but there has been nothing available for the PHEV so far. Now a company in southern Germany, Fast Tuning München, has a remap available for our euro-spec PHEVs (and most likely for future Aviator PHEVs as well).

The result is 520hp system power and 980Nm (~720 lb-ft) of torque. Compared to standard it would be +70hp and +155Nm (+110 lb-ft). They also show the dyno chart, where a quite nice increase is shown through the whole RPM range.

Here is the link to Fast Tuning München website:

Explorer PHEV stage 1 remap

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

520HP would be wicked. Wowza...

520HP would be wicked. Wowza...
Soon 😇 but dont forget, its about the phev which has 457 hp stock. I believe its about 380-400 kg heavier as well due to the electric motor and batteries.

I have been thinking about remapping my plug-in hybrid 3.0 EcoBoost engine, but there has been nothing available for the PHEV so far. Now a company in southern Germany, Fast Tuning München, has a remap available for our euro-spec PHEVs (and most likely for future Aviator PHEVs as well).

The result is 520hp system power and 980Nm (~720 lb-ft) of torque. Compared to standard it would be +70hp and +155Nm (+110 lb-ft). They also show the dyno chart, where a quite nice increase is shown through the whole RPM range.

Here is the link to Fast Tuning München website:

Explorer PHEV stage 1 remap
Hi! What are you thinking about so called "tuning boxes" as per examples below:

+79 hp, +162 Nm

tuning box

+51 hp, +97 Nm

+79 hp, +162 Nm

tuning box

+51 hp, +97 Nm
Welcome to the Forum. :wave:
We have another member also from Latvia.

Peter

+79 hp, +162 Nm

tuning box

+51 hp, +97 Nm

I´m more into remap, as with modified software the ECU is still working exactly as designed. Tuning boxes are anyway just like tricking the sensor inputs for the ECU.

I´m more into remap, as with modified software the ECU is still working exactly as designed. Tuning boxes are anyway just like tricking the sensor inputs for the ECU.
In case of remap, I can loose vehicle Warranty.
So 'tuning box' may be a more preferable way of chip tuning for stock vehicle or for vehicle with minor mods (CAI or catback exhaust mod). You can disconnect 'tuning box' and put vehicle back to standard at any time.
In case of any serious modification (different turbocharger, intercooler, injectors, etc.) remap will be necessary.

Back