3" Body Lift , Which one is better | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

3" Body Lift , Which one is better

SnapNek

Reaction score
City, State
Alexandria, LA
Year, Model & Trim Level
1992 Sport
Hello,
I just got a 92' Explorer Sport and I want to put a 3" body lift on it. Does anyone has a suggestion on which brand is better and why. Any comment is welcome.
Thanks,
SnapNek

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I would go with the Performance Accessories just because of the name. They are well known and make a pretty good product, besides the bumper relocation brackets. I got a PA body lift, and it is great. Just my .02

Yeah. Use the PA body lift. The majority of the people with body lifts in this forum have used PA. I haven't heard anyone complain about them.

Unless you are dead set on the 3" lift I wouldn't recomend it. Go with the 2" instead. That extra inch turns into a major headache. Do a search on body lifts and read what problems others have had with the 3" before you buy one.

I would actually tell you to go with the three, even from what I have read. The biggest problem is the bumpers, but even with my 2" I had at ton of problems, so I would go with the 3". You will be able to fit bigger tires, and it will look better.

Body Lift

I gotta say i don't know anything about PA lifts except that the one i oredered for my Bronco II had HALF as many parts in it as the TrailMaster kit. I sent the PA lift back and used the TrailMaster kit, it went very smoothly and i had no problems, but that's not to say these guys that have used PA on their Explorers didn't get a better kit. I would also have to say both the 2" and the 3" are a lot of work and if you're going to go to that much work , go ahead and take the extra inch . 3" may include a bit more work but for about the same money you get the extra inch and it may save a few bucks when the bug bites you to do the suspension.

hope this helps

dodgerr

I went with the 3 inch PA lift and I realy like it. The only thing that was a problem were the bumper brackets.

Go with the 2" PA and make your own brackets(or have some made...real easy,dont know how a big company like PA could screw up so badly)Its so much easier to install then the 3" and no problems with stearing...Just my 2

Back