3 electrical issues- locks, brakes, airbag | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

3 electrical issues- locks, brakes, airbag

dino11

Reaction score
City, State
Princeton, ky
Year, Model & Trim Level
02 exploder
I have 3 electrical problems. Any info or tips or whatev on any of these issues will b appreciated.

Issue 1- passenger door lock and switch.
My passenger door locks but wont unlock eletrically. I have to push it manually. Also the switch on that door dont work. I have to replace a busted mirror on that side so i will investigate while i have the door panel off.

Issue 2- my tail lite fuse blows everytime it rains.
Number 16. I noticed a crack in my lense and am soon to try to seal it. Whats a good clear sealer? Is there sumthin like wd-40 i can put on bulbs to help keep water away?

Issue 3- no cruise control,airbag or horn
My x had the steering column replaced. Guy said just needed wires hooked up behind airbag. I didnt see any loose wires. No horn, cruise, driver airbag. Where else should i check? Airbag lite blinks also.

Thanks!

Ttt

Issue 1 - sounds like there is a broken wire in the rubber boot between the door and pillar.
Issue 2 - sorry no ideas
Issue 3 - i bet he is talking about the clock spring. Usually there is a connector back behind the airbag for the wheel buttons which plugs into the clock spring, then there is a body side harness that plugs into the other side of the clock spring.

Back