3" lift kit question - will it fit? | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

3" lift kit question - will it fit?

kmack

Reaction score
City, State
San Antonio, TX
Year, Model & Trim Level
1993 Ford Explorer
I have an opportunity to buy a 3" lift kit that is currently on an '87 Bronco II. My question is will it fit on my '93 Explorer? I've looked at them side by side and everything looks like it is the same. But I want to check. I do not know the name of the kit.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Is it a body lift or a suspension lift? If it is a suspension lift is it the front plate style-- if so it can crack the front diff of the Dana 35.

Basically e need more info as to what is included and what kind of lift it is.

Is it a body lift or a suspension lift? If it is a suspension lift is it the front plate style-- if so it can crack the front diff of the Dana 35.

Basically e need more info as to what is included and what kind of lift it is.
It is a suspension lift. It has the brackets for the radius arms. And a boxed-style piece that supports the front axle (part of it looks similar to tubing). The rear is blocks. I can email pictures to you if that helps.

im not sure about the front.....but, the rear on explorers are
sprung under the axle....blocks wont work, youll have to find
another means back there. shackles, add a leafs ect...

:salute:

I know this truck does not have the drop pitman arm. And the rear blocks may not work (upon really looking into this) unless I relocate the spring perches on top of the axle. May be more work than I'm looking for. I could get it for less than $120. This why I'm asking the questions before I buy. Thanks for the insight guys.

Back