• Register Today It's free!

3" lift question

budha24

Reaction score
City, State
Bartlett, IL
Year, Model & Trim Level
02 Explorer Sport Trac
OK, I can take an engine out strip it down to the crank and block and completely rebuild, but I have no knowledge about suspension. That being said I want to add a 3"-4" lift to my gen 1 Xplrorer. My buddy who has a 10" 1975 F150 says that I can take my leafs and put them over the axle with spacers in the front coils. Is this possible and has anyone else done this. If so what can I expect as far as difficulty. Any advice will apppreciated, and already tried the search not enough info for me.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

The SOA rear swap will give you closer to 5.5" in the rear which is more than what you want. I'd suggest Warrior shackles and single addaleaf in the rear for about 2.5" or dual addaleaf in the rear. In the front, I'd suggest new coils for the 2-3", the spacers only give about 1.5".

I just put a 3" body lift on my 94X. I'm not usually a big fan of body lifts, but it looks much better than body lifts on most other vehicles.

ill second that i was worried at first but they really dont show much of the frame like other vehicles.

I would like to thank everybody for their input. I have made my decision. I am going ahead and getting the James Duff 2.5" lift mainly for the comfort, because I still have the original shocks on my truck. I heard that this kit may not give me the lift I want, but will help the performance of the suspension. After that is done I will most likely add a 2-3" body lift to give me the look that I want, because nothing works better than performance and looks!

Back