31's or 32's with 3" body lift | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

31's or 32's with 3" body lift

I have ordered the PA body lift and then started wondering which tires I should order. I don't want to have to trim the fenders or anything. I am tempted to go with 31's over the 32's just so i won't have to worry about rubbing. But in the back of my mind I want the biggest that will fit. I have a '91 sport. Any info or suggestions will be greatly appreciated!

you should go with 32s a very small amount of triming may be in store

also are you looking at any suspension kit in the futur

I have the 3" kit with 31"s, i have never had the tire rub on any thing but the sway bar under extreme flex while backing up and its very minor rubbing.
If your going to run anything over 10.5 wide really think about a more aggresive off-set rim like a 15x8 with 3.75" back spaceing. OH and when you put in the lift try the steering with out the shaft extension first, if it binds then use the extension.

I have 31s with 2 inch body and 1 1/2 or so suspension there,s lots of room for 32s I,d say, but like Hotwheels said I,d check the offset as they will proably rub.

why do you want a body lift why dont you go with a 1.5 to 2 inch skyjacker kit for 170$ and some 31's, in my mind that is a way better setup for nearly the same amount of money

a body lift is going to mess with your center of gravity the same amount as a suspension lift, all the weight that makes you roll is in your roof thats why explorers roll easier than trucks.

if you dont want to go really nuts youll be surpised of what car can do with the 1.5 - 2 inch kit and some 31's

Back