32's on a stock 15x7 rim? | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

32's on a stock 15x7 rim?

Hey everybody, first off I have searched extensively for an answer, but so far no luck. I've got a 2000 Explorer Sport, and plan on gettin some BFG Mud-Terrains. Now I know that 31's will fit stock with no trimming, thanks to joe's excellent chart. But i want to know if 32's will fit my stock 15x7 rims with no problems. I plan on doing a torsion twist and shackles to get 2.5 - 3 inches of lift (since its a 2wd). Any insight is greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

You'll be fine. I've got a 2000 4x4 sport with 32's with the tt/shackles. look for picts in my sig.

It will look fine (and work fine).. I run 33x12.50 on 15x8's and they look fine.. I like the look better than when we had 32x11.50's on the 15x8's

~Mark

I'm running 33 x 12.5's on stock rims with no problems...:thumbsup:

94X.jpg

in tirerack its says for both the bfg mud and goodyear mud that rim size is 8-10" wouldn't they bulge out i dont know does anybody have pics because i would like to know because the tires i have now suck in the snow

in tirerack its says for both the bfg mud and goodyear mud that rim size is 8-10" wouldn't they bulge out i dont know does anybody have pics because i would like to know because the tires i have now suck in the snow

Ummm...the pix above your post is 33 x 12.5's on stock rims....

awesome thanks a lot guys, and JDraper your explorer looks awesome

J Draper is yours body lifted? Are those BFG Muds?

I put 32's on my mounty wheels and looks great. No problem's!

yeah i had 33x12.50 bfg ats on factory 15x7 wheels.. youll be fine

I'm sort of in the same boat, but with 16 inch rims the tires come in metric sizes, I want to run 265/75/R16 on stock rims with just a 1 - 1.5" TT and shackles in the rear to level it up. What do you guys think??

Check the Dead Link Removed sticky. 265/75/16 is 31.6", so you should be OK with TT/Shackles on a 99, though you may need to trim a tiny bit of plastic up front.

I'm sort of in the same boat, but with 16 inch rims the tires come in metric sizes, I want to run 265/75/R16 on stock rims with just a 1 - 1.5" TT and shackles in the rear to level it up. What do you guys think??

Thats what I have...

Back