4.0l sohc explorer same as 06 mustang 4.0l | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

4.0l sohc explorer same as 06 mustang 4.0l

gotbags?

Reaction score
City, State
camden,ar
Year, Model & Trim Level
99 mountaineer
are they the same motors or what is the difference will performance parts for mustnags work on explorer 4.0l??????

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

i think they're different

is there any way to convert them to the explorer motor because my moms new mustang will hall ass for a v-6 if i could get that kind of performance out of the explorer motor (not in the explorer that would be good) but i want more.

Your Explorer is alot heavier than your mom's Mustang. IMO it would not be worth the cost & time.

im wanting to build a 4.0l turboed for a small car for drag racing nothing like outrageous or anything but a head turner. i have been reading up and it seems like the 4.0s are faster 0-60 than 5.0s. so i could save wieght and have more room for turbos and everything else in a small already tight car im just having problem finding performance internal and externalparts for the 4.0l. so i was just wondering about performance parts for the new mustang maybe there is alittle more out there beleive me i know the explorer is alot heavier than the mustang

im wanting to build a 4.0l turboed for a small car for drag racing nothing like outrageous or anything but a head turner. i have been reading up and it seems like the 4.0s are faster 0-60 than 5.0s. so i could save wieght and have more room for turbos and everything else in a small already tight car im just having problem finding performance internal and externalparts for the 4.0l. so i was just wondering about performance parts for the new mustang maybe there is alittle more out there beleive me i know the explorer is alot heavier than the mustang

You could start your search at supersixmotorsports for the internals. Conatact James at hensonperfomance.com for bolt-on's or tuning options. Very nice guy; will do you right.

Back