4 12" Power HX2's

99hittinhard

Reaction score
City, State
valrico, FL
Year, Model & Trim Level
99 explorer sport
hey all....

I am new to the forums and i was wondering if anyone could tell me a good thousand watt amp that i could put to each of the 4 Power Hx2's that i have....im goin all out sound, i am on the subs now. i was lookin at the 1000watt amp that rockford makes, but i dont really know whats best. If anyone could please help me out i would appreciate it alot. Ohh and one more thing...what kind of alternator shoule i run..stock right now but i was thinkin about goin heavy duty and gettin or or mabe even 2. i need help on that too.

thanks alot
Drew

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

IMO if ya wanted to stick with rockford, get a 1000bd, or if yer ballsy get a 1500bd on each....

now if you dont want rockford, i'd suggest a ma audio 401sx per pair, or a HK802sx per pair....

it's always good to go with the same company amp as for your subs, but ma does have some balsy amps.

i say you should go with 2 801 s from rockford use each amp for 2 subs will sound great

2 801s though, will probably make his headlights dim, and wouldn't put his subs to there full potential....

15" Punch

Hey dave, I was just checking out your site..cool speakers man!! Are you still selling the 15" sub? If you are, how much?

I am lookin to get full performance out of the speakers...but i know if i want alot of sound that i wil need the batteries and alternator...right?? this is the AMP that i would use for Each sub...is that good?

thanks
Drew

That would be a great amp for each sub.... but all told together will probably draw as much as 400 amps....typically around 200 on reg. music, so yes I'd recommend at least a 200 hi amp alternator( preferably a high amp at idle model), a 2nd battery with isolator would be helpful, but maybe not required. Mean Green, Mralternator.com, voltxs, and many other companies make very good high amp alternators......

setup in boxes right this setup should rock!!!

well i have a guy that can make the box for like 100 bucks...and i know him and i know his work, really good work. I wrote a guy about a alternator but he hasnt wrote me back yet. Is 2 batteries off of one amp good? i dunno much about electrical but i really wanna know. Now i need to know about dyna mat? There some stuff called fatmat and its 99 bucks for 100 sq foot....you think i could cover the whole inside of a sport 2 times with that. or do i need more..

thanks
Drew

Back