4/4 Incentive Watch | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

4/4 Incentive Watch

sm4astan

Reaction score
City, State
Holland Patent, NY
Year, Model & Trim Level
Today's 4/4 and while the $1,000 cash reward is good through today, it's not pulling up on the Ford site for me. It did that a few weeks ago, but then showed back up later in the day.

Could be that, or it could be preparing for tomorrow when incentive goes away or changes...

:thumbsup::thumbdwn:

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

In Canada they added a $1,000 incentive for Costco members, then they increased the interest percentage on a 48 month lease from 4.9 to 6.9%. I am going to pay a visit to my sales manager this week ,and see if he will honour the 4.9 and let me grab my $1,000 Costco incentive. My EX has been on order since 2/22 and is slated for a 4/11 build.

I will be so mad if the incentives get worse!

Well the $1,000 is back on the website with a 4/4 expire date.

Just need to wait and see what tomorrow brings :)

My X should be arriving any day now, and the dealer said they would make sure got the $1,000 no matter what, but I'd still feel better seeing this out there again tomorrow, any maybe a bit higher.

When I ordered 1/28..there was the $1000 incentive (or certain % financing)
Plus I received the coupon for $750. When my first coupon expired without me even getting a VIN, I called my dealer & he assured me both would continue to be honored-if the incentive got better, then I would get that instead.
Now, I'm hearing that if you don't take delivery by the ex date, FORD(not the dealer) will not honor it.
So, I call my dealer last Thurs(day after my truck was built). He has no idea when the truck will be shipped-says he wouldn't be surprised if it took another 4-6 weeks! Once again he assured me everything was locked in. I made sure he knew that if this was not the case when papers were to be signed, I would have to walk away from the deal.
I have been very patient, but now frustration level is up & there are absolutely no answers out there...and Ford reps are very quiet..or back tracking.
I can tell you this I will never order another car/truck again...NOPE!

Hello

1st Post

Just heard from my dealer that my X has arrived. I asked if I needed to come in today to pick-up since current incentive ends today and was told no, they have locked me into the $1,000 cash. He told me it was a good thing too, because he has heard the incentives are getting worse starting tomorrow.

I hope he's wrong and it goes the other way, but just in case, he says I'm covered. Picking up the X now on Thursday :)

Just heard from my dealer that my X has arrived. I asked if I needed to come in today to pick-up since current incentive ends today and was told no, they have locked me into the $1,000 cash. He told me it was a good thing too, because he has heard the incentives are getting worse starting tomorrow.

I hope he's wrong and it goes the other way, but just in case, he says I'm covered. Picking up the X now on Thursday :)

Congrats!!!
I just talked to Ford & my delivery dates are between 4/8 & 4/15.
I talked to my dealer & he said he had not heard anything about the incentives, but couldn't imagine them going down(or not being honored), with the logistic & MFT problems they have had. He has told me all along mine were locked in, however he said to be safe, we will sign some papers on incentives.
I'm looking forward to getting my EX....but I won't order again!

Congratulations! Good to see at least one Tolkien fan getting their Explorer. :)

Regarding the incentive, I would be disappointed, but not surprised to see it head south. After all, its not like Explorers are sitting on lots in large numbers, unsold.

I just spoke with my dealer and he says the rebate drops from $1k to $500. Don't kill the messenger.

I just spoke with my dealer and he says the rebate drops from $1k to $500. Don't kill the messenger.

A $500 rebate is like not having one at all. If it starts out at $500, it wont stay that way during the whole incentive period. There will probably be other offers like "consumer cash" or "bonus cash"

I was at $3250 in incentives when I ordered. I will not take less than $2750 or I will wait. No such thing as locking in incentives here in Michigan according to Ford marketing.

It does not take that long for an in demand car to lose it's luster. Dealers sell cars at sticker price or more when they first come out (Dodge Charger, Chevy Camaro...) but right around eight months later, the cars start stacking up on their lots.

There are many Explorers on the lots that are available if I was not so picky. I want a certain color with certain options but most people are usually open to a few color choices or will compromise up or down on options.

If my dealer does not honor the agreement that was in place when I ordered this vehicle I will just go get something else and unfortunately do not think I would buy a Ford again. These are Ford issues, not customer issues. I did not wait to take delivery.

This stuff with the Explorer just seems crazy. Almost as if they should have waited to release the MyTouch or even waited to release the explorer. There are many good alternatives out there.

It takes a number of good experiences to gain a customer but just one bad experience to lose a customer. This is a bad experience by both Ford and the dealer if the incentives get worse or the dealer does not honor them.

Ford site shows they dropped

Yep the news was right. The ford site now shows that they cash bonus dropped down to $500

That is just wonderful, I get penalized for being loyal to my dealer and waiting when I could have purchased twice from other dealers in stock. Good job Ford!

Well I just thought about it, I won't be taking delivery probably until 5/14 and that would 8 weeks total, and the current 500 incentive expires 5/4 so maybe roll the dice again and I will win.

When I check it out (I'm in the Atlanta Area) t still has the "old" rebate amount ($1,000, expiring yesterday). When I put in any other zip, it shows the new rebate of $500 expiring May 2. Hmmm...wonder if it is a "cache" setting on my computer I need to reset.

Okay, I cleared my cache/cookies, etc., and now I can't get any rebate to come up.

I give up.

Yup, mine says $500..no longer $1000.
I told my dealer a million times, I NEED these incentives/rebates & will not take the EX
if it changes for the worse, he has repeatedly said I am fine & locked in.

Seems..it is up to the independent dealer to decide if you are locked in or not...which was not what Ford Reps were saying to begin with......

I think Seni posted somewhere that incentives are locked in at the time of order. If they get worse you keep your order incentives, if they get better than you are able to get the better incentives. Search the forums and see, or send her a PM.

@Eddieguy...Seni did say that, then was corrected by her Marketing head honchos a couple of days later to say that it is completely up to the individual dealers about what they do to "lock in" the incentives.

Just got an email from my salesman saying I am covered on the $1000 rebate.

I did not do a factory order. Bought last week on a inbound Explorer that will hopefully be here next week.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

In sales office as I type waiting for old plates to be removed from my trade. Already finalized paperwork and $1,000 rebate was a non-issue. :)

Back